Ch 1-2. Trapped Here

This is my first story! :) Hope u like it!

By the way, pic of Krystal!(the main girl), and le boy Darrén

DO CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY: OUTCAST

People say that I'm copying She's the man, and it's not that I've denied that but this isn't the only story that has the same kind of plot, but I'm only doing it my own way because I found my inspiration from it. Or other movies too, since She's the man isn't the only story about a girl dressing up as a boy.

NOTE THAT I'VE GIVEN THE BOOK TITLE CREDIT FOR HAVING A SIMILAR PLOT!

_________________

I melodically stretched out the tune half a note, my eyes closed in concentration, then wrote it down on the music sheet. At a second thought, I added some pauses at the end and, satisfied, I smiled. Finally, I felt like my song was finished. This was a special one, I could tell, from the feelings of excitement emanating from my heart. It was as if my whole body buzzed with longing; to share my song to the world, my voice a vessel to the souls of millions, was my dream. I could almost hear the applause and feel the admiration from appreciative fans.

Oh, dream on, my brain cut in. That'll never happen.

Glancing out the window at the weak moonlight, I quietly got up to pull the drapes closed, and walked to my bed. Once under the covers, I stretched my arms upward and smiled before laying my head down and drifting off to sleep. I made it a habit to always wake up with a smile, and go to bed with one.

I awoke to the light from the sun, shining through the light draping that covered my windows, and my usual smile appeared on my face. New morning, new start, I told myself. The clock beside my bed told me it was only six o'clock, but I wasn't surprised. Always a morning person, I tended to wake up with the sun. It's actually a good thing, because I get extra time to practice and write my songs.

As I remembered my newly finished song, my smile grew wider, and I couldn't wait to play it again. My songs always mirrored my feelings. I bounced into the piano room, and stared admirably at my grand piano. When I was six years old, I had told my parents how much I wanted to be able to play the piano. Even at six, the desire was so great I felt as if I would never be happy until my fingers could create the soothing music I'd heard ever so often. After hearing this, they began saving up the money to buy me one. It took two years, but it was worth it, they said. They even put it in its own room, made just for music. They couldn't afford piano lessons, though, but it was no matter. I was clever enough to find other ways, i.e. teaching myself and searching the internet.

My parents had gone out of their way to make me happy and give me the one thing I really wanted, and I felt I owed it to them to be the best I could be. Especially now, after they'd passed, I wanted them to be proud of me.

¤¤¤

"Robert Geigler!" the teacher said out loud. I didn't particularly like this rich school. It was way out of my league. The only reason I continued going here was because of my parents, who had wanted me to go here. But everyone here was so rich and spoiled! Everyone is beautiful and they all wear the uniform like it's a fashion statement. I am the only one in this school here on a scholarship. Because of this, no one ever gives me a second glance.

"Krystal Hayden!" I jumped out of my desk at the sudden outburst.

"Y-yes!" I stammered at the teacher, answering his role call. I heard a boy, sitting by the window, begin laughing at me and I scrunched my eyebrows, confused at the reason for his laughter.

"Darrén Hetace!" The boy attempted to quiet his laughter by covering his mouth, but it was useless. "Here," he chuckled.

What was he laughing at? I felt a soft tug on my hair from behind and I turned, only to find one of Darrén's friends using it as a pretend mustache. He immediately put it down, having the decency to look embarrassed. Disgusted, I pulled my long braid over my shoulder so as to keep a better eye on it. It had become extremely long, reaching just past my bellybutton. Trying to do anything with it proved to be hopeless, so I just left it in a braid most of the time. "Violet Jones!"