Ch 26. Captured Heart?

Just two days left!  

____________

My heart is aching. So much. So much that it feels like my heart is on fire. I opened my eyes. Where am I? I don't remember getting back home. I was in a room that was really small with empty white walls. And there wasn't any special furniture here either. I walked out of the hard bed and entered an other room when opening the door. There, I met Darrén - half sleeping on a couch. He woke up as soon as he heard the squeak from the door I had opened.

"Hey Krystal." He was smiling. I couldn't believe how he could smile after what had happened. Oh well, it's been about 2 years since that incident but it doesn't matter because it's new to me.

"Why am I here?" I was expressionless and he smiled even more.

"Because I saw you yesterday out and when I was going to walk to you, you suddenly fell and lost consciousness." My eyes widened. I fainted?! I was lucky that this guy was near. I saw how he was grinning even more.

"Why are you smiling so much? It creeps me out." I finally said after building up the courage to talk about something that could offend him after knowing that incident. I hoped that he didn't get hurt.

"Because I'm happy that you're okay." I really thought that was a lie because he acted so nice.

Could it possibly be...? That the girl Darrén is in love with is... Me? Krystal-me?! No it can't be! I'm ugly as Krystal and he just had a bet on me. I couldn't help asking.

"Is the bet off now or what? I can't trust you if it is." my mouth said against my own will. He stood up from his couch and I noticed how he was only wearing boxers but I was so into the question I had just asked that I didn't care. Well, almost. I smiled like a devil because he didn't think that I knew.

"H-How did you know?!" His eyes was so big and I felt how the confidence flowed into me.

"It's really obvious you know. I knew as soon as you talked to me after The P.E class." He looked away and looked really ashamed.

"I'm sorry. When I got to know you I ended the bet because I thought that you were so... I liked you. You're not as I expected you to be." That settles it. Darrén is in love with me. Can that be true? Someone like Darrén too. I don't know what to say. I decided to ignore the topic and putted a new on in.

"Where am I?" I looked around and just saw the room with a single couch in the middle. It looks like someone just moved in.

"At my apartment." He was looking somewhere else and I noticed that he's like me - he looks away when he doesn't dare to meet the anger of the other person.

"Is this your apartment?!" I shrieked and walked around, studying it. "It's so... Empty." He was nodding.

"Well, better than living in a mansion with my mom." I remembered about what Emíne said. It gave me shivers. Just because he reminded me of his mother's doing I couldn't speak. Darrén is in love with me. And this time it's even worse. I am(was) poor and a normal kid, so what will that woman do?!

"I'll take you home." he said after a while. I nodded. We sat on his car and he was driving, all quiet. I do prefer being quiet when sitting in a car. I slowly neared my house. My old house.

"You remember where I live." I said. He smiled.

"You can't forget such a big house right?" I laughed because he still hadn't seemed to get that it's an apartment. He laughed with me and it was like he did it on purpose to make me laugh. I left the car and went in.

I wasn't planning on staying home so I just greeted Chris and stayed until Darrén had left so I could go to the dorm again.

"Sis?" he asked and chubbed down all the candy he bought.