Ch 48. The Truth Behind Those Two

_______

Steps neared the door. I suddenly lost the courage but decided to just yell it out to her so I finally get it out, securing that I won't regret it later on. The door knob turned and turned, having problem to open. I heard her losing her patience and sighed, then snapped.

"Who is it?" she yelled, too tired to open the door to a stranger. I can't say that it's me or she'll never open the door... I think she's mad. Really mad okay? But I don't tell many lies(except of this whole thing...) so my mouth just automatically said Chris. To my surprise she really did open the door. Well this is angelic Ambreal, what do I expect?

"What do you want?" she said, without any expression on her face.

"We need to talk." was all that got out of my mouth. She didn't throw the door on my face and widened it, gesturing me to go inside. I took calm steps into her room.

"Shouldn't you talk to Sarah?" she said with her hardest face reminding me of the role she played after shutting the door.

"Not really..." I mumbled but she clearly knew what I just said.

"How could you make a move on Emíne?! You know that she's weak to guys that can sing but still! You made her cheat on her best friend!" she snapped.

"Well you misunderstood! I'd never do anything like that! Emíne is just a really important person and I couldn't just watch her cry!"

"Why was she crying?" she said, going over to her concerned mode.

"Because I was taking a big decision that would change my whole life! If I do this now I might never see you guys anymore!" I cried. She started to believe me now but she wasn't all melted.

"What's that decision?" It wasn't a sound outside my head. But there was a war inside my head. We kept that silence, assuming that I couldn't tell. But I opened my mouth at least 10 times to tell her, only to shut it again, not uttering a single word.

I walked to her desk and found a frame with a picture of two cute kids, a girl and a boy standing next to each other. The girl smiled gently while the other one grinned like hell, showing how carefree he was.

"Who are these kids?" I asked, smiling at how cute they were.

She took some steps and stopped next to me, looking at the picture with the same gentle smile.

"That girl-"

"Was you." I interrupted, knowing it immediately. She smiled and nodded. "The boy?" I asked, laying a finger on his face.

"My first love." Ambreals first love?!  I've never heard of something like this.

"Really?" I said, with a big heavy mouth dangling on my face.

"Yeah. But it was when I was a kid so it wasn't anything big."

"The big thing was-" I said only to hear her say the name instead.

"Darrén, yes." We were quiet again but it wasn't any uncomfortable silence.

I had nearly forgotten my plan to set the two of them. I know Darrén likes her for sure because he says that I(Krystal) knows the girl he likes... It has to be Ambreal or else he likes Emíne, his sister and that's just wrong. I was planning out the whole event of setting them up inside my head. It has to be something like I'm meeting up with Ambreal and Emíne is meeting up with Darrén and we both cancel, so they have to spend the day together. That's so typical but still, it's a perfect plan. I wonder who's the genius that came up with that. I've only seen it on movies though.

But I still want to warm her up a bit before telling her so I decided to talk about something. Why not collect some info at the same time?

"What happened between you and Darrén in the past? For real." I blurted out, knowing she'd not pleased hearing it. Even though I already know what happened it came from Emíne, and I don't know the whole thing. She looked at the wall, ignoring my gaze. She hesitated to tell me but did it anyway, knowing that she could trust me.