Ch 60. Moments Of Family

So many tests going on... :(

_________

I could hear those drunk guys again, outside the door; probably got confused of which path to take. I looked into the empty wall. I just do it when I'm nervous, just like Chris when he eats faster than usual.

"About why I'm crying..." I said slowly. He looked straight into me but my eyes were locked with the wall.

I was quiet, not daring to utter a word. I instead concentrated on the guys outside, that yelled loudly and then someone crashed into a door if I heard right. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I automatically followed that hand to see Darrén's face. When I realised I was staring at him blankly I looked away but he grabbed my shoulders and directed my face, forcing me to look at him.

"You don't need to tell me if you don't want to." he said with a straight face. "It's enough that you let me stay, and we all have secrets we don't want to tell others."

I rolled my eyes, refusing to look at him. I want to tell him. Yes, I hesitated but I was going to but now he made me want to keep it down even more.

"Then what's your secret?"

His face froze. He looked into the wall I watched and I couldn't help thinking he was nervous too, having the same habit when getting nervous as I.

"You first." he said with a really low voice, as if not daring to say anything more. This time I looked at him. But he was the one to stare at the empty wall, scared of looking at me.

"A scandal will soon be out." That made his head lock up looking at me immediately. I smiled at his reaction. Here comes the hard part. "A scandal saying that I did it with Chris in the bathroom in the agency."

Not we switched roles, as I turned my head away. Of course I did it, how can I look straight into his face when I just said that? But I could feel how he wanted me to look at him. I could feel the tense string between us trying to pull our glances, to make them meet but I refused.

"Is it a true scandal?" he asked. I answered immediately.

"No! Of course not! B-But I can't explain why I was seen with him in the bathroom..."

He smiled.

"I understand you. You were together and it's normal that couples that break up miss each other. I won't blame you for meeting up, it's your choice. It may hurt your image but I'll definitely help to cover up." he explained. I was really happy to hear I got a positive reaction.

I threw my arms around his neck. Hey, I had to. It was because I was afraid of telling Darrén that I cried, and seeing him accept it so casually made me so happy. It's like I cried for nothing, but I'm still relieved. And crying with him beside me wasn't really bad anyway.

He put his hand on my waist and accepted the hug. I don't know how long we stayed like this but I could have stayed there forever. He slowly let go.

"Your turn." I said when we let each other go. He looked into the wall again, hesitating.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you, you know." he told me, looking into the wall and looked like an empty shell. "I really can't tell you."

"What will happen if you tell me?"

"It will probably destroy our relationship." he sighed and that thought scared me. What the hell did he do to make me not ever wanting to be with him again? Don't tell me he read my diary or something that may would have scared me. Not that I've written anything in it but that embarrassing part of my future husband or whatever it was.