Ch 29. No Way Out Of This

Another hot pic of Channing Tatum, who's Darrén :) ------------>

_______

I won't run away this time. I'm not a coward anymore. I think. I won't let the fear of money and influence win against me. I stand up against this and know that I'll win no matter what. I believe in myself. But I still don't see an exit out of this mess. He's threatening me to everything, and I recognised the way he did it to me like Marilynne did to Emíne, even though she's clueless. Darrén opened up my eyes. I heard a big bang from the door and looked there.

That was my rescue. I guess.

"Darrén?" I said. He looked tired.

"Hey." he said, all panting.

"Wha-What are you doing here?!" Mom and Marcus was looking at him, all restless.

"I followed you. And heard some yelling so I had to check if everything was fine-"

"Everything is beyond fine!" Marcus smiled and laughed. It was not a pleasant laugh(to him it may be but not to me).

"Who are you?" Darrén asked.

"Hmpf." he said all arrogant because he didn't know. "Sadly I'm her father." He pointed at me. I glared at him and Darrén noticed how my anger was surrounding me and knew he couldn't trust him. He smiled even more.

"What are you waiting for? Give me everything!"

"I'm not giving you anything!" I shrieked.

"Oh yes you are, or I'll spill everything of how selfish you are!" Tears started gushing into my eyes. I didn't want to cry. The last thing on my list is to cry in front of the two persons who left me in despair. Darrén kept looking at me then back at Marcus. He refused to believe that I have parents that are exactly like his. Maybe even worse in my case because they are threatening me.

This is the most awful situation ever. I understood why I left the other day when he came. It just feels like he is pushing me into a corner or something and I can't refuse.

I have no other choice. I have to go with the flow. I can't risk to lose everything. The tears loose off my eyes because I got too emotional. Dad cracked a smile even when he knew it was the best not to.

"Fine."

¤¤¤

They had finally left. They were talking about transferring all my money from my bank account to theirs. I didn't even listen but every time they noticed that I was spacing out they slapped me on the face. Really hard. They were all smiling and I could tell that they knew it was a turnover of their life. Mine too, but not in a positive way. The door slammed and I heard them yell all happily when they went outside. No yelling inside here I guess. We were not really happy.

"What was that?" Darrén asked. I had forgotten that he was here and explained to him. Then he noticed that Chris was on the couch with dried tears looking into the empty air.

"Chris?" he said and looked really sad because he knew how Chris felt about it. He didn't answer and I finally understood what situation I was in right now. Darrén is looking at Chris! The real thing. What if he suspect something when he doesn't act like I do when I am Chris? I didn't worry much about that part since I knew how dense Darrén is but there might be a possibility.

I helped him to wake Chris up from his own world. I knew that world because I was there all the time just some minutes ago. It's because all the sadness that cover yourself from the reality and send you away to the unknown world that has nothing but darkness. You run and run and try to get away. Calling for help but nobody can hear you. You're all alone. I desperately shook his shoulder because I knew how he felt when he called my name in his head.