You Show Up All Dressed Up

I'll leave the outfit up to the reader.

________________________________________________________

Steve Rogers

       When you weren't working, and it wasn't date night, you were the dress-down type. It was easier, and you weren't concerned with how others perceived you. That wasn't to say that you couldn't dress up or that you didn't look good, it was just what you preferred, and that was that. You were currently doing some shopping with Natasha and Wanda, just a girls' day out to enjoy and relax after a long week. "You should absolutely get all dressed up and surprise him; he will love it." Natasha was great a coaxing you into things you wouldn't usually do. "How did we get on this topic?" You mumbled, but they didn't seem to notice and if they did, they didn't care enough to answer. They did, however, spark your curiosity, and that's why you agreed. The outfit was simple, and you had fairly light makeup on, and you looked amazing. "Steve, are you home yet?" You had come home to surprise him, but you couldn't hear him. "I'm..." You were standing in the living room as he walked in from the kitchen. "You look amazing, wow, Princess..." His blue eyes were wide, and he had a smile on his face. "Do you really think so? I mean, I didn't plan on getting all dressed up today, but..." You muttered, and he pulled you into his arms. "Yes, I do. I think you look incredible all the time, and this was just a wonderful surprise today." He kissed you. "What would you like to do tonight? Food? A movie?" Still in his arms, you shrugged. "How about a movie, and go from there?" Another kiss, and he agreed. It was a long night of take-out food, movies, and cuddles on the couch.

Tony Stark

      Most of your time was spent in office attire with your hair up with no desire to "dress up" for any reason. You dressed up every day, and while you didn't mind doing so it wasn't something you defaulted to. Your day had been great, some time spent out at a cafe and some light shopping alone were exactly what you needed. Tony's energy was too much to handle sometimes, and these outings alone helped you manage that. "I wonder what he's up to?" You asked it aloud to yourself. Walking around the store in search of something that caught your eye had started getting harder, and you were going to give up when the mannequin caught your eye. The outfit was sophisticated and much fancier than the normal outfits that you wore daily. When you were trying it on an idea came to mind, why not surprise Tony? You hadn't been around all day and hardly saw him the day before. You decided to go straight back to surprise him with the outfit on and your hair down, you felt like a different person. "Tony?" You called out to him once you entered his basement workshop, music playing in the background as per usual. "Over here, Sweet Cheeks." He didn't look up from the helmet he was fixing. "Look up, Tony." You rolled your eyes and waited next to him. "Why would I..." His voice trailed off as he looked at you. "Well isn't this a surprise? You look fantastic. What's the occasion? Did I forget an important date again?" He began to panic, but you hushed him. "Relax, Tony. I wanted to surprise you, and I look incredible so..." You shrugged when he laughed. "You have grease on your hands, clean up, and come upstairs." You gave him a quick kiss and walked off hearing the clattering of tools behind you.

Bruce Banner

         You didn't really "dress up" so much as you dressed appropriately for your style of work. Which meant, scrubs and a lab coat or a lab coat over "professional" clothing. Really it was a button-up shirt and jeans, but no one really paid any attention to that. You had a few outfits that you considered to be for a special occasion and hardly ever wore them. Your days off usually meant you slept or spent your day in your comfortable clothes watching television or reading. Bruce was spending time with Tony, whether they were working or not you didn't know, but you could safely assume that they were getting into something. "Hm, I wonder if I showed up would they mind? I doubt they would, and maybe I could steal Bruce away for some dinner or something..." You were going through your closet, talking to yourself when the outfit popped out at you. "I think I will surprise him, we both deserve some time out, and I'm sure Tony is driving him slightly crazy at this point." You laughed, changed, and headed towards your destination. Finding out from the front desk that they were on the top floor, Tony's suite, you took a deep breath. You were seldom nervous when meeting Bruce, but something about being all dressed up and surprising him made you quite nervous. "Come on in!" You could hear Tony call out after you knocked on the door. "Hey, you two!" You waved at the men when you walked in. "Bruce, I came to see if you would like to get some dinner and to steal you away from Tony." You pointed at the billionaire and laughed. Bruce was speechless, and Tony complimented you quite a few times. "Bruce? Are you alright? I mean, I'll go out alone if you're too busy, but I..." He interrupted you. "No! I mean, um, you just look beautiful, and I forgot how to speak. I would love to go get some dinner with you." You placed a kiss on his cheek, waved goodbye to Tony with your arm linked with his, and had a wonderful night.