Christmas with Clint Barton - Ugly Sweater

This was the first proper Christmas you have had in a long time because there was never really a time where you could have one. Both of your parents were gone, your brother was gone and you were in the military so there was never time for one until recently. Once joining the Avenger's team Steve and Tony made it their personal duty to make sure you had a proper Christmas every year, to which you were very grateful. You had missed the decorating, the lights, the simple cheery nature this holiday brought out in people. You had missed getting gifts, even though it ended up mostly being ugly sweaters or socks, you were happily grateful for it.

Since getting together with Clint it had been much better, not that Christmas day with Tony and the others weren't great, time with Clint was just better. You had Steve help get your small tree up and he even helped decorate it with you while Clint was away on some sort of recon mission for Fury. You both hated and respected Fury sometimes, he took Clint away but also made it possible for the team to have what they did(we all know Tony wouldn't share if he could help it.)

You were sorting through your clothes, tossing out anything that was too small or too big or you just didn't care for anymore while keeping what you wore often. While cleaning you found the stash of old sweaters you had received over the years and they made you laugh. One had a reindeer on it with a Santa hat whose ball and the nose poked out of the sweater and another had a cat in a sweater on it.

"Wha'cha laughing at?" Clint's voice came from your bedroom doorway and it scared you making you squeak out some curses.

"For goodness sake, Clint!" You got up tossing the sweaters onto the bed so you could hug Clint properly.

"Jumpy much?" He laughed pulling you into a tight hug before glancing over at the sweaters sitting on the bed.

"I wasn't expecting you back for another day, of course I'd be jumpy!" You defended but you were all smiles now that he was back.

"What are with those god awful sweaters? You can't seriously say you wear these things, right?" You rolled your eyes and picked up the one with the reindeer on it.

"Awe, look at it though! It's kinda cute, you gotta admit that." You laughed when his face scrunched up in disgust.

"I was kidding, Clint, but you know I've never seen you in a Christmas sweater before. . ." Your voice trailed off and you had the same evil glimmer in your eyes that Tony got when he had an idea.

"Oh, no no no no no. No, I am not wearing anything like that and you cannot make me!" He said matter-of-fact and you pouted.

"Not going to work, no matter how much you pout!" He declared crossing his arms and staring at you with a defiant look in his blue eyes.

"Oh come on Clint, please? It can't be that bad and besides if you wear one I will AND," You gave him a small smile "You owe me this for scaring me like you did! I've put up the decorations, set up the tree, and cleaned up for you the least you could do for me is put this on and let me see you in it. Please?" You pouted and looked just about as sad as you could act to make him feel as guilty as possible to get your way and with a lot of huffing and muttering he placed the sweater on over his Hawkeye uniform top.