You Get Hurt

Steve Rogers

       He should have been there, he should have but he wasn't assigned to the same mission. He held your hand, ashamed and frustrated as you lay unconscious in a hospital bed. You were fine other than the various cuts and the one gunshot wound to your arm, before meeting Steve you had sustained much worse injuries but looking at his worried face as you woke from the sedation made your heart hurt. He always beat himself up over these sort of things, you took this job knowing full well what it would include but it still stung to see his face so full of worry. Whispering his name in hopes of returning him from his beating he gave himself mentally "Steve. . .Steven" you whispered louder and his eyes snapped towards your face. You smiled, greeting his eyes with groggy ones "I told you, I'd been fine" he chuckled rubbing your head with his hand "you scared the daylights outta me, Princess." You rolled your eyes and winced when you moved your arm, "stay still, don't strain that arm" he'd preached it a million times before you got better "then lean down here" he did as you told him and you kissed him quickly "don't sorry so much, cap." He smiled, "when you're involved I can't help but worry."

Tony Stark

      You rolled your eyes at the man strutting around in his newly designed suit. It was suppose to be the newest and best model but it was just a prototype at the moment so it still had a few bugs. You laughed watching him dancing around in it, he said it made it more comfortable but you said it made him look ridiculous. There was no warning though when the suit let out a large belch of smoke and stopped with Tony in it, you stopped laughing "you okay, Tony?" whispering it as you walked towards him "back up" he demanded and you did as told. You never questioned him when his tone was that serious, you watched from where you had been sitting at the bar. A few tense moments later he turned to you, in the suit but his eyes widened and you knew, just knew this was not a good thing. Without a second thought you dove behind the counter and it was a good thing to because the fault suit fired at the chair you had been sitting in blowing it to dust. Tony messed with functions while you ran around his tower being chased by the suit with him in it "DO SOMETHING!" you shouted over a blast that ripped past your head. He was frustrated as he yelled "I'M TRYING!" you sighed, rolling your eyes but in that second failed to notice the proximity you were to Tony you rushed forwards behind more furniture about the same time the suit fired again  this time grazing your calf but the panic made the pain less severe. Calling out to you he screamed "GOT IT" you stopped moving but Jarvis called out about that time "the suit has stuck the lady" you looked at your now bloody calf, it was on fire. You had never felt such a painful burning sensation in your life and so it took all of your strength not to cry "T-Tony, I'm bleeding badly" you said through gritted teeth. After nearly killing himself while getting out of the faulty suit he rushed over to you, "oh my" his eyes widened and he called for his properly working suit now. He rushed you to the hospital where you were treated for third degree burns and a serious gash through your muscle. He spent weeks beating himself up over it and it took you a while to make him feel better but the reminder of this day will always be with you.

Bruce Banner

         You knew it was bound to happen and you knew that you would be there when it did but you knew you would never leave his side because of it. It wasn't his fault, it was never his fault because he never did want it to happen especially with the whole Harlem incident still a fresh wound in his mind. You were working next door to the lab in a special room for some highly volatile chemicals but you heard him. You heard all the words Tony used to get Bruce angry, hell you'd be angry too if someone threatened the one you loved. . .oh wait they were and you were pretty pissed but you just knew where this was headed. Placing the chemicals away as safely but as quickly as you could manage you rushed into the room, Bruce had his fist clenched and eyes squeezed shut in frustration. He was clearly trying to fight it and clearly he was failing to do so, you turned to Tony who watched in amazement until you punched him in the jaw "you arrogant bastard!-" you couldn't finish your statement because a roar erupted from next to you. You stood up to the green beast, you were not afraid of the Hulk no matter what happened to you. He grabbed you up, studying your face before tossing you lazily into the wall before crashing through the door frame and destroying the corridor along the way. Where he was going was not clear but despite the intense pain in your head and back you scrambled to your feet pulling Tony to his "come on! you started this you are going to help me fix it." With a red mark turning into a bruise on his face he nodded without a word, he wanted this but he acted so childish now that it actually happened. It didn't take long to find Bruce or talk him back, you smiled after he redressed before collapsing into his arms. Tony explained what had happened and to say he was ashamed was an understatement, he was so disappointed in himself. You had a fractured rib, severe concussion, and a few bruised vertebrae but you smiled despite the pain when you saw him walk in. The smiled turned to a frown when he refused to come any closer than the door, "come here" you demanded but he stayed put. Your eyes saddened and he noticed, you looked into his eyes, "please, you didn't mean to hurt me I know you didn't and I would not go back on what I did for you and I will love you just the same." A few stray tears rolled down your cheek and despite not wanting to hurt you again he came over to your bedside. It took a mighty long time for him to forgive himself for what happened that day.