Operation B.A.B.Y. - Bruce's Chapter

Bruce Banner

   It was early in the morning, four to be exact, but you were already working hard on an experiment for Tony. You weren't sure what it was for but you didn't really ask too many questions. You were very passive when it came to violence or arguments but that didn't mean you were a push-over. You were in fact the exact opposite but that's a story for another day because you were busy, busy, busy right now. Cleaning your desk, careful not to spill said experimental liquid on anything for fear of repercussions or something to explode. . .again. You laughed softly to yourself listening to the sounds of the birds calling and a cricket that remained hidden somewhere in the walls of the lab, you had yet to find by the way. You decided now would be a great time for a break, some warm tea would do wonders.

"morning, ma'am!" Steve's cheery voice made you smile, he was always so kind.

"good morning, Steve. How was your run?" he grinned as the two of you sat at the break table "it was good, could have done without the rain but I can't really complain. What has you in so early?" 

Taking a sip of your drink you savoured the warmth it brought, it was pretty chilly in the lab but it had to be "Tony, he wanted me to put together some special chemicals for some 'top secret' project he was going to use it on" you shrugged placing the cup on the table. Steve was about to say something when a large bang interrupted and the sound of water dousing fire was heard. Without another word the two of you rushed towards the lab where all explosions seemed to come from on this carrier.

There was no way Tony could explain the mess that sat in front of the two of you, there was a semi-charred Tony holding a baby that looked just as dirty as he did. The room itself didn't fair any better because all of the papers you had so carefully organized were either gone, thrown about, or half burnt.

You glared at Tony when he handed the child to you "what. . .what did you do to him?!" you nearly screamed at Tony but the child in your arms began to cry.

"Shh" you rocked him against your chest "what happened?" you demanded and explanation but the brown haired man in front of you was at a loss for words and still choking on smoke. 

"Jarvis, what happened?" you mused still rocking the infant, you face a deep crimson when he grabbed onto your shoulder and played with your hair.

"It seems that the chemicals you mixed for Mr. Stark were accidentally combined with another" you rolled your eyes "that still does not explain how Bruce became a baby in the matter of a few seconds" Steve wasn't really sure what to say at the scene before him but he had to admit Bruce was a cute baby.

"Well, Mister Banner must have spilled the liquids on himself before it exploded and that is how he became a child" you gave up and sighed heavily, shifting Bruce to the other arm.

"Anthony Edward Stark!" you sudden outburst of his name made him snap out of his daze and turn to you with a smug grin on his face.

"No need to worry, I'm sure it'll wear off by morning and besides," he started to clean his face of the char "you two get some quality time together now! I bet you just love his cute little baby face~" he cooed and you blushed looking away and towards Steve.