Operation B.A.B.Y. - Bucky's Chapter

James "Bucky" Barnes

    You were forced to work with Tony today and Bucky got to work with Steve, now you were fine with working with Bruce but Tony loved to get under your skin. He always enjoyed making you mad, making you curse under your breath or threaten him like the sick sadist he was. You were enjoying your morning in bed before having to get up when you got the text from Fury.

"Why do have to work with him?" you asked to the nothingness in your room and expected no answer but heard Bucky laugh as he emerged from the bathroom.

"Because you have the temper to handle him" he shrugged casually as he dried his hair, already dressed and ready to go now.

"But you get to hang with Steve all say, I hardly consider that fair" you mutter, now clearly pouting.

He placed a kiss on your head, "well, I'll be sure to make it up to you tonight when you get back" he said against your head making you nod.

  You watched him leave before jumping in the shower, you were taking your own sweet time so you could prolong having to deal with Tony. You swore Fury did this for his own entertainment, the man really needs to get a hobby. You walked, well more like sluggishly sauntered, towards your destination. All that was getting you through this day was the thought of getting to cuddle with Bucky tonight, being in his arms always made you power through whatever shit you had to deal with. You greeted everyone with a warm and welcoming smile, everyone except Tony. 

"Come on, why does he get the sweet girl smile and I get the glare!" Tony pouted while you sat in the chair beside Bruce with your arms crossed.

"Because I like him" you grumbled bitterly, hearing Bruce chuckle under his breath before clearing his throat at Tony's pouting glare. 

"Are we going to get started on this stupid gun or am I here just to waste time?" you said picking up the cup of coffee you grabbed on the way in and taking a sip. 

"Fine, fine. Show her what we've done so far and explain all of the aspects of the project to her" Tony waved his hands dismissively as he took a small wrench to the gun on a table across from the two of you.

   After an hours worth of explaining you were finally caught back up, much to your relief because anymore and your head might as well explode. You straightened up and began going through calculations with Bruce, exchanging ideas and actually being productive unlike the genius across the room. He didn't even look busy or interested in what he was doing, he just kept glancing back at you both with a strangely familiar glimmer in his brown eyes. You knew that look.

"Whatever is going on in that head of yours better not interrupt my work." You didn't even glance up at him but you heard him grumbled something about having eyes in the back of your head.

"how'd you-" Bruce started but you raised an eyebrow at him as if to say, really? He dropped it at that because he knew Tony just as well, if not better, than anyone else around here. You were both silent, studying over some numbers when a blast of very cool air hit you before the pain actually did.