Seeing Old Scars

Trigger Warning.

_________________________________________________________

Steve Rogers

     In your line of work it wasn't hard to keep secrets or hide your past and all of the pain that came with it, but you knew it would only be in due time that something would come up and you would have to explain yourself to the Super Soldier. You are very happy now but that wasn't always how you were even if you appeared to be on the outside, we all deal with demons. You traced the old scars on your arms, some were self inflicted and others were not and given to you by people that should have loved you. You always wondered why Steve never brought up the topic, why he never seemed to question you even though they were very obvious. You thought it was because he was trying to be nice, or maybe he was just trying to help you forget the pain before he asked you about them but you just didn't know. You never told anyone about it but you were sure some of them had guessed what they were but you pushed the thought aside when Steve's voice greeted you from behind. You pulled your sweater sleeve down quickly earning a worried question "what was that about?" you weren't sure if you could handle talking about it but you weren't really given an option. Steve gently grabbed your arms and pulled up the sleeves taking in a close up view of your ugly scars, you couldn't handle the amount of emotion you saw flashing through his kind blue eyes so you turned away from him. "I've never seen them up close, what happened? I mean. . ." his voice was ever so soft "exes. . .myself. . .I used to do this to get away from the pain to make it numb and help me through the day but now" you managed a smile looking into his attentive face "I don't need the blade, I have friends that care. . .I have you" you reached up and touched his face. He smiled holding your hand to his face "you'll always have me, forever?" you smiled brightly despite the tears "forever."

Tony Stark

     Talking about emotions was something neither of you were very good at, you tried to talk to Tony but he would inevitably go quiet and that would end the conversation. You were ashamed that you let yourself do this, that you had gone so low that a blade was the only thing that could heal your pain and make you happy but you did it anyways. The old scars were white and only one stood out but they were still there and you could definitely pick them out despite them having faded. They made your stomach look like a map and you were so sure that Tony had seen them and that he saw you as an emotional bag of trouble but he sure didn't act like he knew. Well, he does now because you were examining them while sitting on your bed. "What are you do-" he stopped when his eyes found the scar that he could see "what happened?" he rushed forwards taking you in his arms "I thought you were a self proclaimed genius, I think you can figure it out" you muttered into his shoulder as the tears made your words hard to get out. His body stiffened and he pulled back "you, when?" raising your shirt you muttered "a long while ago and though it has been some time, I still remember the pain" you were ashamed to look into his eyes "look at me, please, I need you to look at me while I say this" you felt his hand on your chin pulling your face from the side to forwards. You were now facing him, your eyes forced into his while he spoke "no matter what happened in the past, no matter how much pain you went through you don't deserve this" he licked his dry lips "never feel like you have to ever do this again, I will do everything in my power to keep you happy. I love you, Sweet Cheeks" he gave you a kiss and you said all you had to say with that kiss.