Will You...? - Tony's Chapter

You had been so busy helping around the newly constructed tower that you hardly had time to sit down or eat. You were exhausted, and everyone could see it on your face. It was dark by the time you had the chance to sit down, and it was both relieving and painful. The lack of food started to get to you, and you were feeling weak, tired, and dizzy when Tony walked in.

"Hey, how's the hardest worker in the new digs doing?" He asked as the automatic doors closed behind him.

"Are you okay? Holy shit, Baby, you're white as a ghost!" He placed his hand on your face and shouted for Vision, who happened to be nearby, to get some juice from the kitchen.

"Hey, drink this, and I'll order in something for you to eat. Have you eaten today, like at all?" You managed to shake your head slowly, and he grumbled.

"Of course not, too wrapped up in work to take a few minutes for herself." You laughed at this notion. Coming from Tony, it was the most hypocritical thing he's ever said.

"That, did you really say that? You?" You asked, sipping on the juice and watching him order food from an app on his phone.

"As a matter of fact, I did." He placed his phone down and kissed your forehead.

After the food had arrived and you two ate, you spent it on the balcony outside. It overlooked a forest, and all you could hear were the sounds of crickets and the occasional owl. It was peace for the first time today, and you closed your eyes to enjoy it. You could feel Tony's eyes watching you, and you smiled.

"I can feel you watching me, Tony." He laughed and shrugged as you opened your eyes.

"I couldn't help myself. You're too beautiful not to look at, and under this sky? Perfection." You felt your face warm up at his words, and he smiled.

"You're such a dork..." You whispered, looking up at the night sky again.

"Hey, um, I have something I want to tell you..." He said softly, and with a questioning glance, you nodded for him to continue.

"I promise you, every cliché word I'm about to say to you is true." You chuckle, and he grins, feeling calmer than before.

"Let's hear it then." You smiled, turning so you could watch him.

"You're like medicine to me. When I see you smiling, it relieves my pain, and when I think about you, I feel like I understand the meaning of life. When you're with me, everything looks beautiful, and I feel happy. You are the reason for my happiness. You are my whole world. I love you, will you marry me?" He was kneeling in front of you, a beautiful ring held between his fingers. It as though he had been fiddling with it in his pockets. The sneaky man.

"You're right, those were such cliché words that I can't possibly believe you said to me, but there is no doubt in my mind, Tony, that I'll marry you. So, yes. My answer is yes." You said with a huge smile on your face, your tiredness fading away into the wind.

The ring slipped onto your finger perfectly. It was a simple design, still no less beautiful. It surprised you because you had known Tony for such a long time, and simplistic didn't match him. You were hugging him tightly, arms around his neck and his around your waist.

"You know, I wanted to make this whole thing so much more," He paused, looking for the correct word.

"Impressive, and that ring was going to be different too, but when I thought about what you would like," He gave you a short kiss.

"Simple and beautiful is what came to mind. You've never needed the expensive things I've provided for you, but you accept them with a gracefully, grateful smile." You couldn't stop smiling at him.

"To me, this moment under the stars with you is simple and beautiful." You kissed him a few times. Over and over, preventing him from saying anything else.

"I love you, Tony." You whispered against his lips and felt him smile.

"Love you too, Sweetcheeks." With another kiss, you pulled away from him.

"How about we head inside?" You held out your hand, and he took it without hesitation.

"I want to show you how much I love you and how thankful I am to have you in my life." You gave him a cheeky little grin watching his face go from confused to surprised to excited within seconds.

"Lead the way then, my beautiful fiancé."