Your Birthday

Steve Rogers

       You were particularly happy today, why? It was your birthday. You smiled and hummed while you worked just happy to get home and spend the rest of your time today with Steve. You told him he didn't have to get you anything or even take you out that as long as he spent time with you that would be enough to make you happy. You couldn't keep tabs on him though, being busy with keeping everything working properly on your level in the Helicarrier made that impossible. You were finally done and able to check your phone for any new messages and there were plenty of them. Most of them were just telling you happy birthday or Tony saying something sweet followed by something sarcastic but it made you laugh and smile anyways. You couldn't wait to get home and all you could think about was curling up on the couch with Steve and watching movies most of the night. When you came home you could hear Steve muttering in the other room so you called out to him, shutting the door behind you "Steve?" he answered "in the kitchen!" you raised an eyebrow but went into the kitchen after setting you things down on the couch along the way. Walking into the room it was unbelievably different "Steve. . .this looks incredible!" you smiled taking in the surroundings, there was your table set for two with a bouquet of flowers next to a card and a small wrapped box on one side for you. They sat next to a plate full of food and a small glass of wine matching his set across from you, looking up into the blue eyes of the man that did this for you, you noticed he was dressed in a button up white shirt and black dress pants. His hair was slicked back and he looked flustered but smiled kindly at you, "th-thank you so very much, I thought I told you not to get me anything though and-" he gave you a quick soft kiss and whispered "anything for you." He pulled out the chair for you and you two ate while talking about anything and everything, always able to keep the conversation going. After eating you decided to open the card first, the front was a heart and ready Happy Birthday! while the inside of the card said: I love you and I hope that your birthday is as incredible as you are! ~Steve. You smiled placing the card back on the table and turning your attention to the box that sat neatly next to it. You unwrapped it while Steve sipped on his drink nervously "relax, you know I'll love whatever it is because you got it for me" you smiled and he seemed to relax ever so slightly as you opened the box. Sitting within the small box was a beautiful blue heart shaped necklace, it was sparkling and you held it up examining the gem smiling. Steve stood up, walked over to you and took the necklace motioning for you to turn around "let me get it for you" he slipped it around your neck clipping it together before pulling you against him. "Thank you again, I could not have asked for a better day" you giggled "though I must day I am not dressed for the occasion at all and you look absolutely ravishing in that outfit" you turned in his arms with a devious look in your eyes causing his face to flush red. Best. Birthday. Ever.

Tony Stark

      There was nothing he wouldn't do for you to be happy on your birthday so when you told him that all you wanted was to spend the day with him around the tower. You specifically just wanted to be with him today, it was far too cold to be outside and you were in no mood to do work so you begged him a week in advance to just spend the day with you and no big party. You were excited and happy that he had finally relented and agreed to not throw you a party but refused the offer when you said no gift, he was going to get you something. You two were talking, cuddling on the couch while a movie played in the background. You excused yourself for a moment to use the restroom while Tony sat out in the entertainment room waiting. You were unaware that in your absence the billionaire had the time to get your gifts and put them on the coffee table for you to open when you came back. You rolled your eyes when you noticed them and Tony shrugged "told you I was going to get you something" he pointed out and you picked up a flat box and opened it. Your eyes nearly popped out of your head when you held up the  mostly due to embarrassment and surprise. You heard him chuckle before giving you a kiss "expect to see that later, bad luck not to wear the things you get for your birthday" he winked and your face went red "here" he handed you the second box and you opened it, it was much smaller than the previous one and so you hoped it was something less embarrassing. In fact, it was, looking up at you was a beautiful pair of red diamond earrings sparkling in the lights that beamed down from above you. They were gorgeous and as you put them in you grinned "thank you Tony, for both gifts" after clipping the back to the second earring you grabbed his face and kissed him making him smirk into the kiss. you winked before cutting the television off and whispering in his ear before getting up "how about I go try this on?" needless to say, but he followed you like a lost puppy to your room. You wouldn't have the garment on very long though because he wasn't a very patient man though he did say you looked incredibly sexy in it. This would be one birthday you wouldn't soon forget.