When He's Exhausted After Work

Steve Rogers    You didn't ask him what happened or what was wrong. You could tell from the look on his face that today was hard for him, and he was exhausted. On days like these, you offer him the chance to talk about it or just let you rub his back in silence. At first, the silence was awkward and strange to you, but now you were well accustomed to it. Some nights, when you both lay in bed in the dark, you whisper sweet words to him. Sometimes he tells you, sometimes he doesn't, and that's alright to you. You make it abundantly clear with your actions that he is safe with you. Whenever these days happen, and they happen too often to him, sleep is difficult for him. You've fallen asleep a few times laying with him, and in the dark, he will whisper... "I am one lucky man..."

Tony Stark

     The look on his face and his grumbling made it clear that he had a rough day. Whenever he comes to you like this, he wants a chance to vent without judgment, and you offer that to him. Sometimes it's a short rant about the stupid things that had happened, and other nights it ends up being hours. You let him talk, only answering when he asks for your opinion. When he's done, you two lay on the bed, side by side and hand in hand. He says it makes him feel better holding your hand and laying with you in bed. Later in the night, you two will curl up together, but, for now, it's all about making him feel more relaxed. You rarely fall asleep after he does, and when you do fall asleep, he likes to whisper to you..."I am so happy I have you in my life."

Bruce Banner     Bruce, the poor man, has so much to worry about, and you know this. It only takes on look at him for you to tell whether or not he's had a rough day. The exhaustion is always palpable. When he's this way, tired and trying to keep himself together, you enjoy making him a warm cup of tea. He rarely talks about it, at the moment, but he does open up to you the day after. He'll subtly hint at wanting to cuddle in bed with you, often too shy to ask directly. When you hold him, you can feel the tension in his body ease away. Just as the two of you start to drift off, he likes to whisper..."I love you...thank you."

Thor Odinson      The moment Thor returned home, you knew. He never did leave you in the dark about how he was feeling. Blunt and straightforward was his way. Oftentimes, he vented to you about his worries and struggles. Offering an ear to listen to his day was often all it took to make him feel better, but you did like to add a gentle massage in the mix. He has yet to turn one down. After the massage, you two would take a long walk around the area, both inside and out. He would continue talking, sprinkling into the mix his appreciation for you along the way.

Loki Laufeyson     Loki was sometimes a hard shell to crack, resisting your advances to help him even still. It took a special kind of determination that only you possessed to get him to talk. You knew from the moment you met up with him that he was exhausted and irritated from the days' events. What happened, you were unclear of, but you knew he needed you right now. Offering to walk with him or talk when he was ready to do so. Patience was key to helping him. When the day was done, and you two lay resting in bed, almost lost in dreamland, his voice whispered to you..."Stubborn, but I appreciate your patience with me."

Clint Barton    Coming home sometimes wasn't Clint's first choice after an exhausting day. Many days you would have to go out to find him after Natasha told you about the day. He found tall buildings to be particularly comforting when he was having a day. There were three he found himself drawn to, and you were lucky he didn't change up the routine. You would sit with him, sometimes you would talk, and others you would offer him your company. Talking about what bothered him or didn't was a new feeling even still. Holding his hand while you listened to him talk was your way of telling him you were there for him, without saying it directly.

James "Bucky" Barnes    It wasn't always clear to you, in the beginning, that Bucky was feeling anything other than confusion or pain. You grew to understand him better over the years and could tell immediately when something was off. The exhaustion radiated off of him, and you knew you could help him. He wasn't much of a talker, so coming up with a way to help him was a miss or hit game. It was something you also had to learn over time. He liked physical touch. He told you that it helped ground him to the here and now. So, you grabbed his right hand and gave it a hearty squeeze while you sat with him. The silence used to be deafening to you, but now you found comfort in it with Bucky. Hours later, while in bed trying to fall asleep, he would whisper to you. Sometimes it was what bothered him that day. Other times, it was a whispering outpouring of loving words.

Sam Wilson    Sam was a cheery man, one who rarely let others get to him. It was bound to happen though he was still human after all. When exhaustion claimed his smile, you were always around to bring it back. Sam enjoyed a cold drink and a hot meal when he was this exhausted. Something that simple was easy for you, but you always wanted to do something more for him. He would remind you that being kind enough to do that for him was enough. If you persisted, he would motion for you to join him on the couch. You never turned away the chance to cuddle him. Minutes or hours could pass, and neither of you would notice, enjoying the comfort of company. Falling asleep on the couch happened many nights for you. Just before you would fall asleep, you could feel Sam kiss your head.