Stressed Out

Steve Rogers

      Nothing was going right for you today, everything was a mess and you were forced to work through it and it was eating away at you. You were so tired of it all and ready to break down but you couldn't yet. You were yelled at by literally everyone for something being wrong, you've fallen at least three times, and the stress of getting reports in on time was enough to send you over the edge. You were so done with today, ready to go home and cry and scream it out. When you made it into your room you broke down you just couldn't deal with in anymore and soon the tears became to hard to hold in. You couldn't hear anything but a re-run of the day and it made the pain worse, so you didn't hear Steve come in at all. He was at your side in a second after hearing your muffled crying, he was clearly worried as he held you. There was nothing to say, he wasn't even sure what to say so he just held you into his chest. It took a little while but your cries did die down and he finally found his words again, "Princess, what's the matter? I've never seen you cry so hard" he pulled you away from him to look into your eyes. You felt his hand on your cheek and placed your on top of his "I'm just so stressed out from today that I had to get it off my chest, I'm-" "don't finish that sentence, there is no need for you to say sorry for being stressed." His charming understanding smile made you feel a million times better, "now, where's that smile?" his grin made you grin even though you didn't really want to. You hugged him, "better?" he rubbed your back when you nodded muttering out "better."

Tony Stark

      Who would have thought that working in the Stark Tower would be so darn stressful but it was and it was starting to get to you. You were trying hard to ignore it and move on with the day but you just couldn't. You knew there was only one thing that would make this pain go away, crying and you just did not want to. You felt with each moment the lump in your throat getting larger and harder to hold back, it was time to go talk to Tony. He always seemed to calm you down, you needed him right now and even if he didn't understand why you went down to his workshop anyways. You heard Jarvis tell Tony you were there and the tears made your eyes glossy when Tony opened the door to see you. He didn't waste any time in comforting you, pulling you into his chest you lost it and cried quietly against him. He was dirty and smelled like sweat but you just didn't care about that right now. After some time of crying into his chest your tears stopped and Tony pushed you out to arms length, "what's got you so upset?" he gave you a small smile, he was trying hard to be helpful "just really stressed out, I mean I can't take it anymore and I really didn't want to bother you but I, I needed you." You saw him smirk but it faded into a look of concern, "Sweetie, you know you don't bother me and if I make you feel better when you're so stressed out then you can come to me anytime. I love you and I might not be the best at this stuff but I try" you smiled in response to his words. You looked up into his eyes before tossing yourself at him, hugging him tight and muttering "thank you" while he held you close.

Bruce Banner

     You're only human so it's only natural for you to get stressed out and worry over small things. You were normally very good at handling this stress, I mean you were a teacher before working here with Bruce. Stress is something you deal with daily but some days it gets to you and you just cannot handle it alone anymore. You were at this point today, everything seemed wrong and no matter what you did it didn't seem like enough to make it better. You had to see Bruce, he always made you feel better even if he was awkward about it. You walked into the room and it was immediately noticeable that you were not okay "what's the matter?" he bypassed Tony and pulled you along with him to an empty room. Your mouth opened to say what was bothering you but nothing came out and you, in a sudden motion, flung yourself into his arms. You cried, something that didn't happen often enough, in his arms while he rubbed your back trying to sooth you. Your tears passed after a few minutes but it took another few before you could manage to look at him, "I'm s-sorry, I need th-that" you mumbled but he grabbed your face in his hands. His soft grin made you feel better "never say sorry for feeling upset, I'm always here to help even though I have no clue what to say" he admitted and you chuckled smiling before taking his hands from your face and holding them in front of you. He pulled you in for a quick soft kiss "I love you and thank you for coming to me for comfort" he seemed to question the last part because it was strange to have someone else go to him for safety. You rolled your eyes because you caught the way he said it "hush Bruce, I love you too and you know I come to you because I love you and you always make me feel better." You shared another hug and a kiss before heading back to work, this time feeling loads better.