You Get Scared/Afraid

Steve Rogers

        You were not afraid of the dark, it was the shapes and the shadows you thought you would see out of the corner of your eye that would cause you to have a panic attack. You were reading a book next to the lamp in the bedroom of your apartment, listening only to the sounds of the rain pelting the window outside. You were enjoying the story but missing Steve because he was away this night, you made solace with the fact that he will come back to you later or even by morning. This eased the thoughts, you always trusted his judgement on his missions and always trusted that he would make it back to you no matter what. You had occasional doubts but never let them plague you to often. Your eyes became heavy and the words on the page became harder to concentrate on so you decided it was time for bed, glancing at the clock you noticed it had just turned eleven. You chuckled, being with Steve made you go to bed earlier and get up earlier than you ever would have without him around. Sitting the book on the night stand you clicked the lamp off and slid down to curl under the covers more comfortably and that's when you noticed them. The shadows and fast movements, the uneasiness creeping into your skin making everything more frightening and nothing you tried was working. You were on the verge of tears, panicking with your head under the covers and your heart beating hard in your ear. You were so lost in your panic that you had failed to hear Steve come in or even call for you until he touched your arm, "hey" he whispered and you let out a loud scream latching yourself to him when you recognized his face. He was wet from the rain and confused "are you alright?" he asked holding on to you "y-yeah, the shadows in the d-dark. . .they scared me" he smiled kissing the top of your head "let me change and I'll come to bed with you, okay?" you nodded letting him go. He was true to his words as he always was, he was in a white tank top and some shorts when he crawled in bed behind you. You smiled feeling his arm snake over your waist, "you're safe here, I'll never let anything hurt you" he whispered and your eyes closed, falling asleep against the chest of your favorite soldier.

Tony Stark

      Spider, they are small, evil little things with eight hairy creepy legs. You usually paid them no mind as long as they didn't come close to you or anything but you just didn't like them much. You were sitting at your desk, working on some papers that needed to be given to Tony that afternoon. It was something you did everyday it seemed, you were always working and you enjoyed staying busy. Typing away quietly you were humming, occasionally stopping to re-read what you had written to make sure it made sense when you noticed the small creature moving out of the corner of your eye. You couldn't hold in the scream and it echoed through the halls of the Stark tower causing Tony to come flying into the room panting furiously. "WHAT?!" he screeched, you were back against the wall pointing shakily at the spider crawling on your stack of papers "s-spider!" you mumbled and he let out a sigh, killed the spider and laughed. "So, let me get this straight, you can kill aliens and see gallons of blood but what scares you is a spider the size of a pea?" you nodded feeling embarrassed when he pulled you into a hug "you're lucky I love you" he laughed and you softly punched his arm when he let you go. You saw him grinning "jerk. . ." you looked away face red "I'm so gonna tell the others about this" you rolled your eyes "please don't do that, Tony" he kissed you "maybe you could persuade me not too?" you kissed him and laughed this time. Maybe you could.

Bruce Banner

      It was a rare moment of peace in your home, you weren't watching the television but you heard occasional words but didn't really care. You were waiting for Bruce to get home so you could get some much needed sleep when you heard the noises, from outside. It sounded like rustling and it made you nervous, really nervous as you started to look around more spastically. You decided it was just your imagination and that you should get some sleep and when Bruce came in he would wake you up. You shut the TV off and stood but noticing a shadow move, you were officially panicking now as you grabbed a handgun that you kept hidden for this kind of thing. You wearily stepped towards the door, looking out of the small glass window on it noticing nothing but the light of the outdoor lamp on. You had to go outside to turn the lamp off, you rook a deep steading breath as you opened the door cluching the gun tight ready to shoot. You reached to click the lamp off when you heard a voice behind you "what are you doing?" it was a familiar voice as you whirled around gun ready and his hands shot up "whoa, calm down sweetie it's only me" you lowered the gun and placed a panicked hand over your chest. "Goodness, I thought you were an intruder!" you took a few more breaths to steady your erratic heartbeat, he took the gun from you and you both walked inside "you need some sleep, come on" he smiled every so softly as he led you into the bedroom. You managed to calm yourself down and curl up in the blankets "come to bed with me" you begged "in a moment, have to put this away" he motioned to the gun and you nodded embarrassed at your over-reactions. He soon returned, changed into some more confortable clothes "ready?" you asked turning towards him as he got into bed pulling you into his chest "I am now."