It Hurts

Steve Rogers

      Month after month you spent one week of your life in a small ball on your bed, heating pad against your abdomen not moving in pain. You dreaded the time because it was consumed by the pain, emotional distress, and frustrating mood swings you had no control over. You silently dealt with it when you had to work, taking time off if you were lucky enough. You were curled up in bed nearly in tears from the pain and pressure when Steve came home. You heard him calling out for you from the living room but you could only manage soft cries. He found you in bed and was at your side in a moment, only knowing what was happening from the many times it had. "Do you want anything?" He asked rubbing your back softly the warmth of his arm inviting you to curl up closer to him. "Just let me use you as a heating pad for a little while so I can sleep?" You asked, practically begged really. He moved to get comfortable in bed with you, clothes and shoes still on with his only concern being you. Even thought it never makes the pain fade completely at least is offers you some of the comfort you were seeking.

Tony Stark

     You didn't have an excessive amount of pain but it most certainly wasn't a pleasant time during the month. You couldn't control the unimaginable anger you felt for absolutely no reason. None. You felt it though and snapped at anyone and everyone who even looked at you funny. You hated the feeling but being so emotionally distraught and in pain didn't make dealing with the physical pain easy. Not wanting to move you stayed at home, asking Jarvis politely to tell Tony to keep the fuck away from you right now. You knew he would use that particular language but it was good enough to know he'd leave you alone most of the time. Feeling better by the end of the next day, well functionally better anyways, you just needed that time alone. Sometimes he didn't listen though and this was one of those times. "Hey, Jarvis told me" He walked in "Oh. Well, is there anything I can get you? Anything I can do?" You shook your head but before he had the chance to leave you begged for him to stay with you. Once he was sitting next to you, you curled into his side and began to cry. He did his best to comfort you but he'd remember to leave well enough alone next time.

Bruce Banner

      If there ever needed to be a clear defined definition of the word bipolar mood swings, you could almost always provide one once a month. You could be the absolute happiest person on the planet one moment and the next Bruce or Steve had to hold you back from seriously hurting someone. You hated the strange feelings, it was very confusing and not only that it was painful. You were always in pain and not lucky enough to have a medication work for you. You were sitting at home, lucky to have been given time away because of how unstable your emotional state became around this time a month. Tony referred to it as being best for everyone simply because it was almost always his fault you became a raging lunatic. "You feeling alright? I bought a small bit of chocolate to help you feel a little better." He offered you the small candy bar, you ate it in silence afraid to lash out at him for his kindness. "It hurts." You mumbled a few minutes later after he had taken a seat beside you on the bed while the Television played in the background. "I know but you know I'll be just a phone call away if you need me." He said placing a soft kiss on your forehead and you shrugged letting him walk out in silence. Best for everyone really, no uselessly mean words or uncomfortable pain from moving too much.

Thor Odinson

         The pain was manageable but uncomfortable and you managed well but you still didn't much like it. You didn't like the bloated feeling, the pressure or the irritability that changed into sudden and unnecessary sadness. You were exhausted from keeping busy your wondering mind, trying to push away the idea of pain so that it was irrelevant. It worked for a majority of the day and you spent it enjoying your time with Thor and Frigga before nighttime fell. Once the stars had settle in the dark sky you were able to rest and it was then that the pain truly set in. Thor had found you curled in a ball on the balcony of your shared room. "Are you alright? Must I retrieve my mother to aid you?" You shook your head softly. "Please, Thor, lay with me in bed for the night. That is all I require, I promise." You gave him a very pained smile and despite the feeling of worry he did as he was told. You ended up having to explain the situation even though you were sure you had done so before you mostly did it so that the talk drew your mind away from the pain. His body heat and adorable smile helped too.

Loki Laufeyson

      Being cold this time of the month was the sort of thing that was almost unbearably painful causing the cramps and pressure to intensify. So telling Loki to stay away from you was one of the second most painful things you were dealing with. He was smart though and figured out what bothered you quickly. You were achy and all of your muscles hurt from the strain of being locked in the fetal position for such an extended period of time. You had managed to move but only so you could get to the bathroom and once you passed Loki's old room, one you had banished him too you heard him talking to whom you assumed to be his mother. "Is there any way I can aid her? To make her pain less so that she doesn't have to be so miserable?" You couldn't hear her well and could no longer hold your bladder so you left. About an hour later and some more painful groaning later you heard your room door open. "What did you want me to do brother?" That was Thor's voice and you quirked a brow. "I need your help, mother said that something hot should help her situation and I cannot provide that for her." You laughed, you couldn't stop yourself as the two men approached your bed. "You intend me to cuddle him to get warm so that I will no longer ache?" You asked Loki who looked absolutely flustered and poor Thor just looked confused by the request. "Yes, that was the idea. I simply want you no longer in pain, I cannot stand to see it in your precious eyes. Take the offer, if it becomes uncomfortable or strange then say so. I will remain in the room so that I can talk to you because, believe it or not, I don't trust him." He let out a dry chuckle to which his brother scowled. You agreed and in a few hours you'd feel better but not because of the very strange decision of your partner but by his kindness.

Clint Barton

        You couldn't believe the amount of sadness and pain you could feel at once. Curled into a ball on the floor of your apartment you were a sobbing mess. You were cramping and simply in so much physical pain that you couldn't emotionally take it and this is what you spent most of this week of the month doing. You were either here crying or bursting into uncontrollable random sobbing sessions everywhere else. You didn't know what to do other then medication and long unnecessary scolding hot baths so you called for Clint. He always seemed to be able to keep your mind busy so that it was easier to relax and sleep or just relax and forget. You called him and only needed to cry that you needed him to come over and he was already headed over. He made it to your door quickly, one you never locked, and found you on the floor. He didn't move you, instead, he simply lie there with you making small talk and little jokes in a desperate attempt to make you smile. A successful joke is one that makes you laugh even when you don't want to, well that was according to Clint anyways.

James "Bucky" Barnes

     Oh the pain was nearly unimaginable, you'd rather be repetitively jabbed in the eye with a hot poker then deal with the aching, the pressure and pain. You couldn't even begin to describe the amount of pain you dealt with once a month. It happened once a month but it felt like an eternity for you, each minute dragging on and on to cause you more internal agony to match that physical pain. You wanted to explain this to Bucky but you couldn't manage to speak to him without getting angry, which you always regretted once you felt better. You ached everywhere with the heating pad only offering just enough relief to make it easier to talk. You hadn't realized that Natasha had explained your situation to him and the reason he was out right now was getting you some medication and candy in hopes that you would feel better. He wanted nothing more then to see you feel better because he hated seeing the pain and frustration in your eyes when you looked at him. You groaned and cursed at each small wave of pain as it contracted at your stomach when you heard the door open and Bucky came in. You were lying on the couch uncomfortable in any position you tried to move in. Bucky had come back into the room with a glass of water in one hand and medication in the other you took the offer. You had tried meds before and they never seemed to work but you were hoping they would this time, even if it was only just. "I, Natasha told me about this situation and so I brought you some candy. She said it might help." You smiled at the genuine concern on his face and the hopeful gleam in his wonderful blue eyes. You spent the afternoon curled into Bucky's side and even if you still felt the cramping pain you were happy having him with you.