Soulmate Alternate Universe - Tony's Chapter

AU Prompt: Both persons have a clock on their wrists that counts down until the day they meet their soul mate. Prompt found online and seems to be pretty popular. Enjoy.  

Partier(par·tier). A noun. The definition of a partier is someone who parties all the time. Someone who enjoys social gatherings for entertainment, someone like you.

You loved to go out and have fun, to be with friends and enjoy some drinks whenever you had the chance because there is only two days in the weekend so why not enjoy it? You couldn't stand being stuck inside, even when you were sick you'd find a reason to go out and have a drink. Now, as an adult who can make her own decisions, you just go out because you can and don't feel the need to provide reasons.

You were putting on some eyeliner when the blue light from your wrist caught your attention, it was strange really. Some days you would forget it was there and the next it was all you could do to keep your eyes off of the damn thing. You wanted to know who he was and when you'd meet him. Would he be handsome? Sweet and funny or more sarcastic like you were? Was he doing well or was he down on his luck? You couldn't get the questions out of your head but you never let them hold you back.

Your timer read thirty years, one day, fifteen hours, seven minutes and two seconds. He certainly made you wait long enough, I mean really thirty years?! You laughed after sitting down your makeup at the absurdity of it all. You loved the idea of having a soul mate but you didn't see the reason to make it into a love story or something so fairy tail-ish. What was the point of telling little kids that someday they could find their prince charming or whatever?

"What a waste of time, trying to find someone who may not even exist!" You scoff before grabbing your phone from your dresser.

You: U Heading straight 2 the prty?

Friend: Yah, u wnt me 2 come get u?

You: Pretty plz~

Friend: Be over n 10

You: Ur the best!

You tossed your phone in your hand bag before going out into the living room of your apartment to wait for your friend. She was a great person but she droned on and on about these New Years Eve parties like she was going to find her special person at one of these?

You wouldn't be surprised if she went out just to try and find her special someone and honestly you loved to tease her about that. It wasn't like you were opposed to the idea of finding that person but you weren't really looking for them. If it happened it happened, no harm in letting fate decide your future.