Christmas with Thor Odinson - Gift Giving

The whole idea of Christmas was foreign to both you and Thor but he had insisted that you come with him to spend this time of year together with him and his friends. You quite enjoyed the change in the landscape with the beautiful white snow covering everything it could reach. Thor was enjoying himself just as much as you were as you both walked down the street of New York towards the large tower that rested in the middle of town.

"What a lovely sight!" Thor beamed and you smiled brightly agreeing with him.

"Yes, it is quite a wonderful sight." holding your hand out you felt snow gather there before melting away.

"It is a shame you cannot catch these wonderful little flakes but no matter, we've arrived at the tower." You glanced back to notice Thor was preoccupied with a couple standing on the other side of the street. You watched too, now interested in whatever it was that was interesting Thor so much so.

The man had a small package wrapped neatly in very colourful wrappings in one hand and held the woman's hand with the other. You couldn't hear what they were speaking about but you noticed the giddiness on the woman's face when the man held the package out to her. You watched now standing next to Thor, who was only a few steps away from the door to the tower anyways. The woman, clearly excited, tore away the paper wrapped around the now exposed box. Neither of you were sure what was going on or what she had received but she was clearly quite thrilled with the object he had given to her because she gave him a kiss.

"Thor, what are you doing back so soon?" the voice belonged to Steve, one of your favorite of the Avenger's because he was so kind.

"I decided to bring my lovely maiden down here to experience this holiday with me but I must ask what in Odin's name are they doing?" By the time Steve had shown up the couple had moved on and disappeared around the corner but Thor had no trouble explaining what had happened.

"Oh, he was giving her a Christmas present, a gift." Steve laughed slightly and headed inside with the two of you.

"A gift?" Thor pondered the thought for a mere moment before bombarding Steve with so many questions that the poor man looked frazzled so you stepped in on his behalf.

"Thor, how about we go look for gifts?" Steve gave you a grateful smile before darting off and out of sight to avoid more interrogating.

"That sounds like such a wonderful idea! Let us make haste!" You smiled and followed him eagerly out of the tower and into the first store.

You hadn't the first clue of how to shop here on earth, what people enjoyed, or what gifts were suitable but it was a great chance to learn. You watched as Thor asked the store clerk questions that she obviously didn't know the answer to but was polite enough to listen to him anyways. Pointing out knick-knacks and small dancing hatted snowballs you were very much loving this time together and here on earth because you didn't have this sort of stuff in Asgard. Granted you couldn't imagine a use for a dancing snowball but it was pretty cute to say the least.

Store after store and item after item you were both picking out things for the team and one another without even realizing what you were really doing. You spent a majority of the day doing this erratic shopping before finally being able to take everything you both had purchased back into the room at the tower.