Side Affects of the Kidnapping

Steve Rogers(Manipulation of Electricity)

      It had been at least six months since the kidnapping and you were doing fine, happy to be back and working and not the least bit afraid; it was your job to be strong and ready after all. You weren't currently working, spending the day in the Avenger's Tower for some much needed R&R. You were happily making yourself some toast, something you'd done many time here in the tower so you were paying any attention until the toaster popped and you reached for your toast. You screamed seeing the spark jump from the devise and into your hand, you expected it to hurt so you screamed as a reaction but you never actually felt any pain. Of course your scream drew some attention, namely everybody within earshot but you only laughed it off telling everyone that it wasn't anything major and they could go back to doing whatever they had been. You on the other hand now had this to deal with, every time you touched the light switch a spark, the remote? A spark. Anything that had any amount of electrical energy you sucked that energy right out of it with a touch. You were concerned, confused, and now you had to explain all of this to Steve who would be just as confused as you were. "Princess?" you were home now, hiding away from everything in hopes that, that would help the problem and make it go away. "In here" you called out to him and after a moment the door to your room opened and in walked the man that you were now terrified to talk to. What if he thought you were a freak? What if he didn't love you anymore because of this. . .this power?! You apparently had the look of utter terror and sadness on your face because he was now holding you close into his chest. "Sweetie, what's the matter?" his kind blue eyes met yours and you cried out softly reaching for the phone that rested in his shirt pocket and as soon as you were about an inch from touching it with your fingers a spark shot from it and into your hand. You watched his face unable to tell what he was thinking you scooted away from him and over to the other side of the bed. "I, they, I. . .Steve, I'm scared" you whispered, your voice echoing in the room. "No matter what happens or happened, I'm right here for you" he reached out for you but you were too afraid to touch him thinking you'd hurt him if you did so he grabbed your hand and squeezed it gently. "We'll figure this out, together, alright? I'm not going to make you do this alone, we can talk to Tony and Bruce" he smiled gently before moving his hand to your face and stroking your cheek "don't worry, I still love you." You smiled, happy to know that at least he'd still stand by you and eventually you did get the powers under control with some help from a Professor.

Tony Stark(Telekinesis)

     You were shaken up and still sore from the last months release from the hospital. You were afraid to be alone and so Tony let you stay with him most of the time, he was weary of you being in his workshop but you managed to sweet talk him into letting you. You were sitting and quietly observing your boyfriend as he worked, something he was still getting used to and something you actually really enjoyed doing. You hummed and fiddled with a pen on a nearby table when you looked over and noticed that the object he was working on was dangerously close to the edge but you thought he knew so you left it be. Not five minutes later you glance over again to notice it had inched its way a little further than it was before and then it happened. Life had become the cliche notion of slow-mo as you watched the object slide off of the desk but not hit the ground. "NO!" you had reached for it like you would have been able to catch it had you even been remotely close to it. You went to lower you hand and the object sank more towards the ground, you lifted your hand and it raised with it. You weren't even sure how to react, were you suppose to be mad? Scared? Confused? You were mostly shocked and to be quite honest pretty impressed despite this problem coming from a bad situation. Tony was in a state of panic as he paced and paced but still had yet to actually say anything. You were starting to feel like maybe this was something he couldn't handle and you'd be alone to deal with it but when he pulled you into a hug after securing what he had been working on your doubts had vanished. You listened to him ramble on and on about how it was really pretty cool and that he still loves you to the point where you had to shut him up with a short kiss. "Tony, thank you but you don't have to talk my ears off" he gave you a goofy grin which made your heart melt and you grinned with him before laughing softly. The whole situation was ridiculous but it gave you something new to think about at least. Eventually you two did manage to rectify the situation with a lot of training and a lot more time together.