Soulmate Alternate Universe - Steve's Chapter

AU Prompt provided by Alianova_Mason on Wattpad. Steve has a star on his chest before he goes into the ice for seventy years and when he comes out it is now a depiction of the galaxy where the other person has the same.

_______________________________________________________

Steven Grant Rogers or the star-spangled man with a plan as they liked to call him. He didn't really know who he was anymore, he had spent so much of his time trying to get here and now that he was it didn't feel like he was doing anything to help. He wanted to help the war efforts by being on the front line, that was the whole reason he gave the experiment a chance. The whole reason he ignored everyone to try and make a difference, to try and prove himself to the people who doubted him.

If there was one thing he regretted it would be forever stamped on his broad chest, the faded yellow star sitting upon it reminded him of the love he never found. The love who he didn't deserve and never meant to let down even though he had never met her. Now, as his body started to freeze and his memories taking him back, it was that one thing he regretted.

"Steve, you have to be a little curious! I mean why don't you stop this non-sense and spend some time trying to find her. I'm sure she's looking forward to meeting the man she was destined to be with but she can't if you keep chasing this foolish dream of yours!" Bucky exclaimed taking a drink of the beer in front of him.

"It's not that easy, Buck. You know this is all I've every wanted and besides I'm no good at talking to women! You have all the smooth talk and I'm just. . .Steve." Bucky rested his hand on his buddies shoulder as they sat at the bar, his mark clear on his forearm.

"What about you? You found your best girl yet?" Steve changed the subject before Bucky could go any further down the rabbit hole that was his love life.

"Oh, her? Um, I don't know yet but don't change the subject on me! Think about it alright?" Steve let out a sigh but nodded to entertain his friends drunken plea.

"Fine, but I'll only put getting drafted on the back burner for a night or two." Bucky was grinning and already pointing at some girls across from them.

"You'll be going in there, Soldier. You are our best interrogator and I know you'll be able to get through to him, I mean you do look the part already." Director Nicholas Fury, man of steel but not absent of heart. You teased him mercilessly but at the end of the day you took his orders without question.