It Was All A Misunderstanding

Steve Rogers 

 You were used to Steve being friendly in an old-fashioned sort of way never in a million years or in all that you have lived would you think he'd be the type to do what he has done. All it took was a glance at the scene at your, used to be favorite, coffee shop to know what was happening. The pain of the past came creeping back up on you, the all too familiar feeling of being all alone again came back in a furry of tears and angry cursing. You weren't sure what to do now, so you did the only thing that came to mind when your life was falling apart. Cry until you fell asleep and hope you wouldn't wake up again. Steve was shocked that this woman had the nerve to do that in public with a man she doesn't even know. He was speechless and furious all at the same time but all of that change to guilt and sadness when he saw the familiar dress and hair of his girl running the other way. He was sure that you had seen the scene but only from behind him which only made it look much worse, he had to get to you and fix this terrible misunderstanding. He didn't stop until he made it to your bedroom door, using the spare key you had given him to get into the apartment. He knocked a few times but you didn't answer and so he opened it to find you curled up in the corner asleep on the floor and he felt so bad for what had happened. Opening your eyes to find blue ones staring down at you, you wanted to cry more and only managed to mutter out "leave me alone" before looking away in hopes to urge away the fresh wave of tears. He didn't being the stubborn man he was he only stepped closer before kneeling in front of you "I can explain" he started but you didn't say anything anyways. You just didn't know what to say or how to explain to him the pain in your heart from having it torn out and stepped on. "I know you saw it but it wasn't what it looked like, I swear it. I have no idea what she was doing but I had no part in it, I would never do that to you and you should know that. I love you and I don't want to lose you because of this silly misunderstanding, I swear I'll do whatever I need to do to prove to you that I-" Your soft sobs stopped him mid-sentence and on instinct he wrapped you in a bear hug, which you gladly accepted but not without doubt. Hurt like that just doesn't disappear, it's a kind of pain that you have to work on repairing and that started now.

Tony Stark 

 It was well known that Tony was a playboy, that he had frequent one night stands with women before you two met but you had assumed and trusted they had all stopped. You were around him most of the time and because of that you knew you could trust him but you never thought you'd catch him like this. Wide-eyed and in front of many cameras his lips were locked with a nasty looking blonde reporter who was clearly over stepping more boundaries than you could count. Now you had your fair share of heartbreak but this, this was a new kind of pain you really wish to never feel but you were. Your heart shattered and you stepped back into your car, you were here to pick him up after the interviews were all over but you weren't expecting this. You drove, just as fast and as far as you could until the car was out of gas and you were nearing the Canadian border. You weren't really sure why your angry and sad daze had driven you this way but you didn't care about why only that you were away from him and. . .her. You cried, threw rocks, and kicked dirt until you just could stand anymore and curled up in the locked back seat of the car. You weren't sure how you were going to get back or where you were going to go once you were but that was all for later because now you just felt the fresh sting of the pain. You woke up to click of the doors being unlocked and a familiar voice, "oh that goodness!" it was Tony, the very last person on earth you wanted to see right now. He was in his Iron Man suit with the face plate up and looking at you with worried brown eyes "I thought I lost you for good! I know what you saw but that was all her, I told you when we got together that I'd stop all of that mess and I meant it. I won't go after tramps when I have a beautiful woman to come home to, wake up to, and love everyday. What you saw was nothing more than a misunderstanding because she grabbed me and kissed me, I did not want that and besides she's not you." You rolled your teary eyes "Tony, shut up and get me home" you crawled out of the car and threw yourself into his arms, relieved that it was nothing more than a misunderstanding.