Christmas with Steve Rogers - Cookies

Christmas is the one time of year where you got the chance to bake and listen to loud music without anyone getting angry. You had planned this from the beginning of November and you were going to finish it, you were going to give everyone who was close to you a small batch of fresh homemade cookies.

It was certainly a feat seeing as how last year Thor ate half of them before they were even cooled. You couldn't scold him for it because the look of happiness on his face was just too much so you let it slide but you didn't forget it. That brings us back to right now, in your home where the other's cannot find you(not for lack of trying though.) You wanted it to actually be done, gift wrapped and ready for tomorrow.

Tomorrow you and Steve were going to the party Tony insisted to have and so you thought it was best to bring your gifts and give them out them, save you time before Christmas day. You were mixing the batter and humming along to the tunes when your doorbell rang, you took the last batch out of the oven before heading towards the door.

"Yes?" You asked as you opened the door only to be greeted by Steve's smiling face.

"Came to see if you were busy, can I come in it's getting colder by the second out here." You nodded letting him inside quickly as to both not let the heat out or the cold in.

"Baking again? At least Thor isn't around to eat them all yet." Steve laughed but you crinkled up your nose and shoved him lightly.

"It's not funny!" but you were giggling because, really, it was.

"It kinda is." He continued as you both made your way into the kitchen where everything was set out in a organized messy sort of way.

"How do you find anything in here?" He looked around but didn't dare touch anything.

"It's organized! I swear. . .Okay maybe not but I still know where everything is." You pouted and he placed his hand on your head.

"You come over to help me?" Your eyes were hopeful and despite not being a spectacular baker he couldn't resist your pouty face.

"Fine, but I've warned you before I'm not very good at this." You shrugged and pulled him over to the batter you had almost finished before he came over.

Three hours later your gifts were done and the very last batch of Christmas cookies were baking. While you waited you decided to mess with Steve.

"Hey, Cap~?" You had some left over batter on your finger ready to smear it on his nose when he turned towards you.

"Yea-HEY! I'm so going to get you back for that!" You laughed and darted out of the kitchen and into the dinning room on the other side of the table to block him from getting to you.

"You can't get me!" You stuck your tongue out and laughed moving to match his so that you were still far enough away from him that you wouldn't get a face full of batter.

"Oh, I'm gonna get you~" Being a super soldier wasn't fair for you because now he was using it against you.

"NO!! NO NO NO NO, DANG IT!" You laughed and went to clean the batter from your face but before you could Steve planted a kiss on your lips.

"Merry Christmas, Princess." He gave you a smile and you couldn't help but smile back.

"Merry Christmas, Soldier. So, how about we get the last of the cookies out of the oven and then watch some movies?" He spun you around gently and nodded.

"Sure, you can even pick the movies this time." You laughed and followed him into the kitchen watching him pull out the rest of the cookies for you and placing them on the counter to rest.

"Thank you for coming over, it really made my day." You placed in your favorite Christmas movie before shutting off all of the lights and curling up against Steve in an old fuzzy blanket.

"You're welcome, there's no other person I'd rather spend my days with." You felt his arm rest around you and halfway through the movie you were both asleep.