Nightmare Gone Bad

Steve Rogers

     You were sure something was wrong from the moment you came home and noticed the blonde stalking your living room, something was so very wrong. His eyes were dark and they didn't hold the same kindness you remembered the day you met him. Your day had gone very well in fact, maybe too well, because every thing felt so different and you felt out of place. You ignored Steve so you could shower, thinking maybe some time to cool off by himself would do him some good. You had your back to the door of your shared bedroom in a towel searching through your drawers for something to wear when you felt a strong hand grab your shoulder. You really didn't think anything of it until the grip became to much to bare and you whimpered, "Steve, let go, that hurts" his eyes narrowed and even though he didn't say anything to you it was like he was staring through you. You felt the ground before you even realized you had been pushed to the ground, you were in a good amount of pain from the unexpected fall but that was the least of your worries at this point. You were hurt and scared but above all very confused, this was not Steve but. . .it felt so real but not at the same time. Your eyes snapped shut and you felt each blow to your form, he was angry at something but you couldn't, didn't figure out what until his muffled voice said something about being unfaithful. Your body bolted upwards and you felt the sweat dripping from your face and the terror filled your eyes as you glanced beside you and noticed Steve sleeping peacefully. You just about broke your leg trying to scrambled from the bed and away from him, this woke him up. He looked around startled and noticed you in the corner of the room, pinned beside the wall and the dresser crying hysterically. He walked towards you, reaching out "Sweetie, what's the matter?" he whispered but you flinched at his touch "please. . .please don't hit me again," you were sobbing so the words were muffled "I don't know what happened but please it hurt. . ." his eyes widened before holding a knowing softness. You often had horrible nightmares about the past and it would often lead to you being beaten and him waking up to you crying like this. He pulled you into his chest and sat in the floor with you "shh, it was only a nightmare I'd never hurt you like that. I love you, shh." He whispered these words until you calmed down and explained the nightmare to him. He always held you close when these moments happened, you needed him and even though the dreams seemed so real you sighed happy to know that it wasn't.

Tony Stark

      Tony had a temper, he was sarcastic and loved to be rude but in all of the years you had known him he had NEVER said anything like this to you in a mean way. He always playfully messed with you but there was never a time where you actually thought he meant them, until now. You couldn't even remember what this stupid fight was even over but you knew it was getting heated by each insult you threw at one another. You were furious at him, "how dare you!" you screamed to him when he had turned his back to you. You were used to fighting with him, used to the arguing but not used to the clear and intentional painful words he was shouting at you. You were nearly in tears so when he whipped around and grabbed a hold of your arms you cringed trying to pull away from him. There was a sick and twisted look in his eyes "let me go!" you squirmed and pulled but he was a strong man. "No" he spat bitterly before bringing his hand up and smacking you and in one swift motion you were on the floor. You scrambled back with each step he took to get closer to you, "who would love you? You worthless-" your body sprang up and you were having a hard time catching your breath. Tears streaming down your face you looked over and noticed Tony sleeping, loud snore coming from him. You darted out of the room, just as fast as your feet could carry you waking the man up in the process. You were pinned against the corner of the couch, a pistol in hand and tears clouding your vision. When Tony walked in he held his hands up when you pointed the gun at him "woah there, Trigger, it's just me" he gave you a soft smile but you didn't lower the weapon. You were too scared he was just saying it so he could come after you again, "don't move" you managed to croak out through your broken voice. "Alright, just tell me what's the matter? What's wrong?" he sounded so sincere, so different from the voice that haunted you from the nightmare. You explained everything to him shaking, you noticed the steps he took inching his way closer but you didn't do anything when he grabbed the gun from you. When he took the weapon and sat it on a nearby table you all but lost it and curled into his chest crying as hard as you ever had. "Shh, I'm not sure what brought that on but I will never hurt you, you know that." He calmed you, he always seemed to know how to even when he couldn't calm himself. He stayed with you, stayed by your side even as morning came and the sun rose. You were happy to know that it was all just a nightmare, a horrible one, but just a nightmare.