Worst Nightmare(Nightmare That They Die)

Prepare for the feels. The next twenty chapters are all going to be sugary sweet, and feel-sy. All done on purpose and for your entertainment. Do enjoy it. These NEXT chapters will all be part of one large series for these guys, and they will be the end. This book will end at chapter 200. I adore you all...this story, this book, has helped me grow as a writer and creative thinker. I cannot thank you all for supporting me and my fun little hobby. Once I'm done, I sure hope you all will enjoy the other things I have planned(I have plenty.) Follow me on here, Wattpad, and Hinovel for new content. I can't get an AO3 account. There is a huge-ass waiting list for that site. If you would like to see my cosplay fun or just 'regular' updates, feel free to follow me on Instagram under the same username, XXanimeseekerXX

Much love, Seeker~

P.S. If the grammar seems off my editing software wasn't working properly.

________________________________________________

Steve Rogers

     The battle in New York left you with nightmares, and they bothered you nearly every night. You kept your panicking to a minimum as best you could, but that was a difficult task. Sometimes you would wake Steve, and each time you would apologize to him until he fell asleep again. Other nights, well, those you didn't sleep at all and faked it so Steve wouldn't worry. Tonight you had managed to fall asleep, but what awaited you when you did made you wish you hadn't. Seeing Steve hurt was hard in the waking world, but to see him lifeless and cold was something you couldn't handle. You woke up sweating and crying. Panic was written all over your face, and this woke Steve up. "Hey, hey," He called out to you in the darkness and reached for you. "What's the matter?" His voice told you he was still half asleep. "Princess, you gotta talk to me. I can't help you if you don't." You wanted to tell him, but your voice didn't work. Once his eyes adjusted to the darkness around you both, he noticed the tears and panic. "Oh, no...c'mere..." He pulled you into his chest, where you curled into him. He placed your hand on his chest and whispered, "Can you feel my heartbeat?" You nodded. "Everything is alright as long as you can feel that. Whatever that nightmare was about. It's over now, and I'm right here with you. You are safe."

Tony Stark

     Tony meant well, he always did, even if his words didn't match his actions. Although, seeing him come home from these missions hurt, killed you inside. His actions changed lives and made a difference, but they also changed you. You didn't always have nightmares. They only bothered you on nights when Tony was busy or out. You could see him so vividly in your dream it was so real to you. You could feel his cold hands, and you could see his ARC reactor light fade and die. It was real to you. You screamed, and that scream woke you up. It also caused Tony to rush into the room. "Are you alright? I heard you scream...Come here, come here." All in one motion, he pulled you into him. For a while, he held you. No words were necessary right now, and you both knew that. After a long while of him holding onto you, he spoke. "I don't know what happened, and you don't have to tell me. What will make you feel better right now? Anything at all?" His voice was calm, but his brown eyes were pleading for a way to ease your pain. You grabbed his hands, "This..just, this..." You whispered. "You want to hold my hands?" You nodded tentatively. "Then my hands are all yours, Baby. I'll sit here until you can tell me with confidence that you're alright, okay?" He kissed your forehead. "You're safe here with me."