When You Both Get Nervous

Steve Rogers

     When Steve is nervous, which can happen rather often, he always glances over to you for a look of encouragement and comfort which you happily give with a smile. He will usually grin and calm down knowing you're there for him if he needs you.

    When you're nervous you tend to fidget a lot, I mean so much so that it's like your body can't stop itself from moving and it's rather irritating. You can't control it and Steve knows this so he'll grab your hand and whisper something along the lines of "It's alright, I'm not going anywhere."

Tony Stark

      Tony usually doesn't get nervous there was only one moment you had ever seen him a nervous wreck and that was when he was working on a project. You were sitting next to him and felt him move, looking quite uncomfortable and without thinking too much about it you leaned your head on his shoulder. He was going to fuss at you for interrupting him but the feeling of you with him made him calm down.

      When you get nervous you messy with your hair, fiddling with the curls that sat over your shoulders or running your hands through it carefully. You did it quite often around Tony, he made you nervous because he was so confident and being around him so much he picked up on the habit rather quickly. He normally takes your hands and leads you into his lab asking for 'help' to keep you busy and help calm you down, it works.

Bruce Banner

       Bruce was the definition of a nervous mess, he was almost always worried or always nervous he would hulk out and hurt people. You did what you could to keep him calm, to keep his head straight, and make sure he knew you would always be around for him. You would rest your hand on his arm, kiss his cheek, or simply sit next to him whispering how much you cared about him and how strong you thought he was. Your words and calming energy always seemed to help keep him relatively calm and even though he still doubts himself he trusts that you trust him.

     When your nervous it is very rare, you almost always try to keep calm for Bruce's sake but you are only human after all. You nervously pick at your fingernails, avoiding direct eye contact if at all possible, and Bruce being the smart man he is noticed this. He would always make you look at him taking your hands in his to stop the habit while explaining to you all the ways you help to keep him calm and by the end of his ramblings you are calm once again.

Thor Odinson

     Thor was rarely nervous, he was incredibly confident much like Tony. If he does get nervous he grabs for your hand for reassurance, you will always hold it tight and smile up at him. He always tells you that the light in your smile could calm even the strongest storms and you would proceed to call him cheesy making him laugh and the nervousness would disappear in mere moments.

     You were confident but you still got nervous, mostly when Thor was gone or when you were afraid he was not coming back so you paced. You paced so much that there is a permanent path etched into the floor of your chambers. Thor, if he was around when you began to pace would just take you in his arms and hold you steady. Neither of you spoke until you felt calm again and once you did he would make jokes about your little pacing pathway. 

Loki Laufeyson

    Loki was a confident man when dealing with other people but when it came to you he was nervous and always worried he was going to hurt you by mistake. You could always tell when he was getting into one of these moments of self-doubt when he became nervous and would pace around the castle in any direction that you were not. You always force him into a tight embrace, making him hug you and whispering into his chest how much he means to you always seems to work.

    You were strong women but you got nervous around Loki on occasion, not because you were afraid he would hurt you physically but afraid that he would just up and leave. He was that type, the type that would bottle it up ad just throw it into the background to be ignored. You would nibble on your fingers mindlessly staring into space, he noticed this habit of yours long before he asked you to be his. He was ever so observant but not always the best at calming you down but it was the thought that made it work. He would hold your hand and start talking about the day he had been having and how much you made it better and would continue to talk until you smiled and told him to shut up.

Clint Barton

     Oh, Clint, you loved the man but when he was nervous you were his tinker toy. You weren't sure where he picked up the habit or when it happened but he always did it when he was nervous or worried. When you felt hands messing with your hair you knew it was Clint and you knew he was nervous or worried about something. You would always whisper how much you loved him and how your day was or what movies you wanted to watch with him once you both got home, anything to get his mind off of his worries.

    You weren't as worrisome as your boyfriend, you were calm and level-headed which was good for both of you. You were only human though and when you got nervous you would sit with your knees against your chest and mess with your pants or just look around nervously. Clint noticed the habit when Steve pointed it out to him, he was gone and that's when Steve noticed the habit. He got to see it a couple of times now and he would always make you stand up and dance with him, music or not, you danced like goofballs around the training room floor. By the end of the routine you were laughing in Clint's arms and he was grinning because he got you to laugh, to calm down, and get to hold you.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Bucky was the suffer in silence type, he would fiddle with his fingers or pace around the tower. You knew he was nervous even if he didn't tell you, you just felt like something was wrong. You never knew what he was so concerned with but you only grabbed his hand and made him hold it, making him talk to you in private seemed to make him feel better.

You didn't get nervous much but when it came to Bucky going out alone with Steve for missions it really made you worry and you would rub your hands together and lick your lips. If Bucky is around and you're nervous he takes you in his arms and whispers words of encouragement or comfort until he feels like they have sunk in and you feel better.

Sam Wilson

   When Sam was nervous he would get very quiet and start running his hand over his short hair. You always know when he's nervous and to help him you hold his hand, it's a small gesture but it helps. Sometimes he talks about it, sometimes he doesn't but you always make it a point to let him know you're there for him. Making sure he was calm before you went on with your day was important to you.

    You tended to get nervous often and when you did you would fiddle with your hair. Whether it was running your hairs through it, picking at the ends, or constantly fiddling with strands. Sam knows your habits by now and will make sure you talk to him about it, even when you don't want to do it. He knows that it makes you feel better afterward even if you don't like it at first. He likes to give you small kisses on your hands while you talk to help ease your mind.