Mission Together

Steve Rogers

         This was your first official mission, one you well informed on and one you were prepared for. You were paired with Steve for his experience and how well you work with him. You were nervous but that was understandable because now you wouldn't just sit on the sidelines, you were in the middle of it. You double checked that you had what you needed as Steve walked up to you, "ready?" you nod and he noticed the nervousness and placed a hand on your shoulder "relax, you'll do fine and beside I'm your back-up this time." You laughed and followed him to the large black SUV, getting in a taking off to the location. You went over the information in your head "don't think too much, you're only going to make it hard to focus on the mission itself" you grabbed his hand "I don't know if you noticed but this mission is a big deal, if we don't get this information people will die" you mumbled and he squeezed your hand "people will die anyways, trust me?" you took a long deep breath before jumping out of the vehicle and towards the alleyway a quick as possible. You were both looking around, surveying and making movements to stay just out of the larger armed guards sights. You slipped to the wall across from Steve motioning for him to move forwards and this went on a for a few more minutes before you were at the door you needed to decode and get into. You trusted Steve to watch your back as you skillfully decoded and entered the room. You snagged the documents but not before a man clicked a gun next to your ear, "hand those over" you took a few seconds, thought about it and in a swift motion grabbed the gun hand swiveled it back and shot him point blank in the stomach using his gun to shoot the others as they came in. Darting out of the door you entered you noticed Steve fighting men and you rushed past him, "got it, come on!" after a few more men fell and back-up began swarming in you waited for Steve and he grabbed your hand pulling you into his arm so he could run as fast as possible and not leave you behind. As you two sat in the SUV, you were panting and the adrenaline that was coursing through you began to wear off but you smiled none the less. You did it, your first mission? Success. 

Tony Stark

      You were not an agent, you were not a combat fighter, and you most definitely were not good with a gun. That's why you worked so happily in the office, this you were good at and you enjoyed but fighting? No, you would rather hide until it was over and Tony came to get you. It made you feel weak but you just couldn't handle it and Tony seemed fine with that. It just meant he knew you were somewhere safe, most of the time this was true but right now it wasn't. It very much was not true, Loki pulled you up by your hair and you screamed clearly terrified of the man. He placed his scepter to your chest and suddenly all of your most personal memories were his, suddenly your mind was invaded and you were no longer there. You heard Tony come in, talking with Loki as he blabbed on about ruling the worlds and his army was superior Tony stalling as he usually did. You were suddenly beckoned "would you like to meet my newest toy?" You were at his side looking into Stark's eyes with a cold glare that was no your own. He knew that look and it made him panic on the inside as he kept talking, kept stalling but Loki knew you could box really well and that is what he made you do. He made you fight Tony Stark, your best friend and lover for his own ridiculous reasons but you did not object. Fists flying from you as he tried to keep from hurting you and Loki simply watching from afar, "come on, fight me or I will kill you in every way you fear" you spat throwing a hard right hook that connected to his now armored hand "forgive me. . ." he whispered before your lights went out. You woke up a few hours later with a killer headache but the worst feeling in your stomach, you looked around and noticed that this was Tony's room. You had never actually been in here before, only in your room or the living room so you took in every feature as best you could with the migraine eating at your temples. You felt your head gently and could feel the tenderness around the large lump on the left side of your head. You groaned sitting up, "feeling any better? Loki sure has some nerve, messing with a beauty like you, making me re-calibrate your head like that" that's what happened, no wonder you had such a headache. You grimaced as you remembered the events "I forgive you" he was sipping on a drink a he sat at the end of the bed "what?" "you said to forgive you before you knocked me out and I do" he grinned "oh, I knew you would" you rolled your eyes but leaned against him as he pulled you into him for you to rest more.