Soulmate Alternate Universe - Loki's Chapter

AU prompt: Only your soulmate can kill you(you can still be killed by age/disease and you become vulnerable only after you lose your soulmate)

_____________________________________________

You were used to the questions, you didn't look like the rest of your family and you understood the confusion of passing strangers but it didn't make it feel better to hear them. It reminded you everyday that you weren't truly part of their family, you were not blood and therefore didn't really belong here but you were grateful. They offered you a home when you didn't have one, food when you had none and love when you were at your weakest and thus you returned the affection. You loved your adopted family like they were truly your blood. The doubts of others didn't much matter to you because, in Asgard, family was the most important thing a person could have behind them. Your family was yours no matter the circumstances and you believed that.

When you met Loki it was completely by accident but you couldn't deny the feelings you had for him in that one meeting. It was like you were completely his and you hardly knew him, like your world was changing and you couldn't keep up. You were head over heels for a man you hardly knew. It was only by happen chance that your sister had seen you speaking with him but it was that night she told you about him. To you though, it was all hearsay, you couldn't take the words she heard from strangers as the truth if your heart guided you to him. You believed there was good in him, deep down he was a man of his word he just needed your help to see this.

You were walking with him before he told you he was set to leave, he didn't tell you why or what he had planned on doing. You were sad to hear that he was going to leave and to know he wasn't sure how long he would be gone made your chest hurt. You understood and agreed to spend this last evening with him. You two did everything you could think of, you two were very much like lovers sitting out on the balcony of his home. You saw no reason to be concerned or worry about anything while you were with him.

Midnight came and with it your sleep, you were tired and bid him farewell with a kiss before heading home. You were curled up in your bed with a content smile on your face when something felt off, it felt wrong. You opened your eyes to see the man you had come to love so quickly dressed to the nine in the outfit he had claimed to be for war-times. He had tears in his green eyes and a very pained expression on his face. Before you were able to speak he had pierced your heart with the dagger in his right hand.

"I still, even now, love you that it why I had to do this." He whispered his voice cracking with each word before he fell to his knees next to your bed completely broken.

Your life had faded fast and, for a brief moment it hurt before it was numb and the pain was gone. You were gone, free from the world by the hands of the man meant to be your soul mate. But it would leave an everlasting stain on his heart that would never heal.

_______________________________________________________________

I hope this is alright, I know it's short but I'm trying hard to come up with ideas and stuff. I love you guys and gals for being so very patient with me.