Soulmate Alternate Universe - Thor's Chapter

AU prompt: Where you actually have a compass instead of a clock, and it leads you to where your soulmate should be.

_________________________________________________________

You'd be lying if you said you weren't interested in the small compass embedded in your wrist. You had a problem though, while all of your friends had a destination your's spun mercilessly in circles. Sometimes clock-wise, sometimes counter but it never pointed in one direction. You weren't teased for it but rather given looks of sympathy which made you mad, you didn't want that you wanted answers.

You found yourself visiting library after library to try and find anything on why the compass would do what yours did every day. Why only you? Was it just you? You were twenty-eight years old when you finally found a small, very old, book in the library on the outskirts of New York. It only briefly spoke about it and said that it could be because your destined mate was in another dimension or in another world. This made you give up on the search because there was no way you'd be able to look into that.

You went about your daily life, no more trips to the library and no more wondering. You simply gave up on the notion of ever getting the chance to meet the man who was meant to be yours. You spent your time sitting on the balcony of your home reading instead. All of that time, wasted. At least that's what it felt like.

"What an exhausting day! Man they never give me a break!" You tossed your shoes off of your feet and to the side near your front door after you had come in.

"Another day another circle, I'm getting nowhere fast at this rate." You muttered taking your jacket off and tossing it onto the back of the armchair you passed by.

"All I need is a nice long shower and my book, oh and some warm tea so I can forget all about today." And you did just that.

Sitting outside on a warm spring evening you read your favorite book while occasionally sipping on the tea sitting on the table to your left. It was prefect, the warm breeze and warm tea making your forget all about work in the morning or the troubles of making rent or anything else.

It would have stayed perfect if the loud squeal of car tires didn't drag you from your book and back into reality. You glanced up and in a moment rushed outside to see if you could help any. When you made it outside there were plenty of people around already but you were curious and worried and made your way through them to the possible injured person.

"Are you alright?" You asked grabbing his wrist and checking his vitals.

"I'm a nurse, I can help you." You said and he groaned but shook his head.

"I do not need any help, I am well." He insisted and you nodded standing up and offering him a helping hand. He seemed alright, insisted he was alright and you had no choice but leave it there. You were taught to let the person decide for themselves whether or not they are okay.

"Are you sure, Sir?" He nodded once more and stretched out his body as if checking for himself to make sure everything was alright.

"I am! Thank you, Madam!" He said with a charming smile and you gave him a smile back.

After shooing off the rest of the crowd and insisting that the cops need not be called you asked if he needed a place to stay for a while. You were worried about him but you didn't want to say that to a complete stranger. You didn't need to push too hard he seemed willing to go, willing to spend more time with you.

"You never did tell me your name?" You asked offering him a cup of tea.
"I am Thor of Asgard!" You nodded slowly.

"Asgard? Sounds nice, I think, anyways you can sleep on the couch for the night and I'll check on you in the morning." You offered him a spare set of blankets and pillows before retiring to your own room for the night.

You were lying in bed, phone in hand fiddling through apps to take your mind off of tomorrow when the light from your phone lit up your shaded wrist. The compass was no longer spinning, it now sat in one direction and that was your living room. You shook off the notion and placed your phone down.

You woke up in a panic which also woke up the man in the room outside of yours and he rushed in. He had no shirt on and looked panicked. You shook your head and looked down at your shaking hands.

"You can go back to sleep, I was, um, it was just a nightmare." You whispered, you'd been having nightmares for a little while now but you always just pushed them to the back of your mind and ignored them. You didn't have anyone to vent to and you didn't want to bother any of your few friends with that sort of crazy.

"You look distraught, I will sit with you if that is alright? I do not want you to be frightened." He said calmly but you still couldn't look at him. You moved yourself over and felt the bed depress down with his added weight.

"Do you wish to speak about it?" He asked and you shook your head.

"No, I c-can't." You stuttered and he placed his hand on your shoulder. You shivered.

"I will not rush you, do you wish for me to stay by your side?" That made you look up and he still had a soft smile on his face that you could just make out in the dark of the room.

"I um, would it be weird if I said yes?" He chuckled and it sounded like muffled thunder.

"Not at all, besides I do not think I am the only one here who has noticed the spinning has stopped and it finally points home." Your face was red and in an instant you nearly forgot why you were awake to begin with. You couldn't help yourself so you threw your arms around him and hugged him tight.

"Home? I always wondered where home was but now I guess I won't have to wonder anymore." You whispered.