Christmas with Bruce Banner - Decorating the Tree

You were nearly bouncing in your shoes with excitement, you were finally picking out a tree and even though Bruce was busy you had to get it today. You couldn't wait any longer, you had been putting it off and putting it off but today, today you were going to get that darn tree! So, you affectionately and appreciatively borrowed the super soldier for help to get the beast home. You had such fond memories off seeing decorated trees walking through the town that you promised yourself when you were old enough you'd start that as a tradition. Picking out the right tree and getting all of the decorations on it and making it all pretty, each and every year.

Right now you were weaving in and out of the trees scanning over them for any imperfections of anything that may be off with them and each looked less impressive than the last. You were seriously starting to get bummed out, you came all this way just too look at some half perky trees.

"What about this one?" You looked around to find where Steve's voice was coming from to find him a few trees over.

"Which one?" You glanced over at him but you didn't move convinced he was just trying to be nice about telling you to hurry up.

"You have to come over here in order to see it, come on." He somehow convinced you to move to where he stood and he was right, it was a nice looking tree. Smaller than what you had hoped for but definitely worth getting and so that's exactly what you did.

With Steve's help(who are we kidding you made him do all the work) you placed it nice and neatly in your home. The stand was decorative and the tree skirt was placed now all you had to do was pry Bruce away from work. It wasn't like you hadn't done it before but it was never fun to have to drag him away from his oh-so-precious projects so you tried hard to be nice about it. You spent a while getting all of the decorations for the tree out and placed them into neat piles that were easily manageable and out of the way before turning your attention to your workaholic boyfriend.

"Come on, Bruce, please? I mean it's only once a year and I really want to decorate the tree with you." You were pouting standing in the doorway of the lab with Tony watching you from the corner of his eye.

"Why don't you give the lady what she asks for and then you can come around later to finish up?" Tony suggested and for the first time in a long time you actually agreed with him.

"Alright, it couldn't hurt right?" You gave him a tight hug and a peck on the cheek before darting down the hall eager to get back home.

Once home the two of you began to decorate the tree, red ornament here green there and some silver tassels weaving through it. You were smiling, happy and clearly enjoying yourself and that made Bruce much happier.

"Hey, Brucie?" you asked deciding on the multi-coloured lights for the tree instead of the one coloured ones.

"Hm?" he groaned at the nickname but responded anyways.

"Does the other guy like Christmas?" You had no issues talking about Hulk but for Bruce it was still a pretty sensitive topic.

"Oh, um, well" He started to stumble over his words and stopped decorating the tree which made you look back at him and his face had become slightly red. You couldn't tell if it was because he was embarrassed or he was getting too stressed so you placed you decorations down and went over to him.

"Are you alright? Do you need a break? Was that too much?" You placed a hand on his forehead and he indeed felt warm to the touch but before you could do anything else or move your hand he grabbed your wrist gently bringing them down as he did.

"He likes Christmas with you around, you make him and me very happy and we couldn't imagine spending our time with anyone else." His crooked, timid smile made you smile wide before kissing him hard on the lips.

"Well, good, but we have to get the lights on and this little guy," you picked up a small star "on the top of the tree!"

"Alright, alright." He chuckled and helped you finish up decorating the tree.

It was just a few hours before dark and Bruce had decided to head back to the lab and finish up a few things before coming home and seeing the tree in all of its over-decorated but totally awesome glory. You weren't really watching the T.V. show anymore you were impatiently waiting for the sun to set and Bruce to come back so you could see the tree lights.

"Are you sure this is the right thing to give her? I mean she's not exactly the jewelry type. . ." Bruce mumbled as Tony pulled him around the case display in the closest jewelry store, a place where Bruce had never been before.

"Trust me, every woman like jewelry Brucie~" Tony grinned but Bruce scowled.

"Don't call me that."

"But she-"

"Don't call me that." Bruce stated in a trying to stay calm voice and Tony shut up but continued to point out rings and earrings for possible gifts.

"What about that one? It has simple written all over it!" Tony pulled up the small necklace with a dangling green pendent at the center but Bruce had seen what he wanted to get and picked it up before heading out leaving Tony all alone.

"Sweetheart?" You had dozed off to the lull of a newscaster but woke up with a start when Bruce called out to you, hands behind his back.

"HM! Oh, it's only you. Bout time you got home, what've you got?" You were quick to pick up that he was hiding something.

"Nothing but no peeking at it until Christmas." He said firmly before setting the dark coloured bag on the side table nearby.

"Fine, fine no peeking but are you ready to see the tree all lit up?"

"Sure." Getting the end of the lights plug you stuck it into the socket on the wall and the lights sprung to life. Greens and blues, reds and whites all lighting up your living room and some of the outside porch near the window where it sat by.

"It looks very nice." You placed your arm through his and pulled him close smiling once again.

"Merry Christmas" You whispered stealing a quick kiss before going back to admiring the tree again.

"Merry Christmas, oh, and nice try but you won't get to see it until Christmas day."

"Dangit. . ."