79. Paul and I

A bit of soft music played in her ears. It sounded like 'Claire de Lune', the same piano piece she played during her recital in church many moons ago.

Isabella got up slowly but when she opened her eyes, her vision started to spin causing her to loose balance. She hit her knees on the floor with a loud thud, the ungraceful fall was thankfully slightly cushioned by the carpet.

Soon enough the door swung open and a worried Freddie stands rigid from the doorway.

"Sweetheart! Oh no.." Freddie ran to pick her up and put her back down on the bed. "Let me see that doll, did you hurt yourself?" He checked her knees with his long fingers delicately feeling her skin, massaging them in a circular motion to ease the soreness caused by fall. "I'm so glad you're awake, oh I was so worried."

Before she could speak, Isabella heard another set of footsteps coming in the room.
Just over Freddie's shoulder, her breath caught for unknown reason as she came eye to eye with Paul. Strange that her skin would prick suddenly and her heart skided just by being subject to the perpetually bored stare of his drooping eyes on her.

"Thank goodness Paul was there to get a hold of you when you got unconscious. Oh darling, I can't even let myself imagine all the sordid things that comes to mind had someone else found you."

*****

"Well, well, I thought it wouldn't give the kick I needed with that clumsy bitch spilling your special drink. But here we are."

Paul with very little regard hauled a completely knocked out Isabella's arm on his shoulder, preparing to drag her to the nearest exit. "I have to say, you do smell good. Maybe let's give it a go together. See what Mercury gets from you."

People skin to skin on the dance floor and the wayby of his own drunken state made it difficult to move faster and before Paul could take another step, Freddie was there.

"STOP! You FUCKING Take your hands off of HER!" Freddie physically removed Prenter's arm on Isabella's waist with angry force, snatching her towards him and allowing himself one swiping look at her helpless lulling form. Sparks flew from the eyes that pin back to Paul as Freddie spoke without taking his eyes from the vermin. "Isabella, darling? Can you hear me." His hand protectively supporting her neck and the back of her head while the other one strongly cling to her in an embrace. "YOU Fucker! What have you DONE with HER?!"

"F-Freddie! Oh thank heavens! I'm so glad you're here! I was um, on my way to get you but it's too tight in here. Over there, uh I saw her bracing herself by the toilet hall. She just fell on me when I approached her to um, offer a hand."

Freddie's scowl on Paul did not ease, still trying to assess his words.

"The poor thing, could have hit her head! Or, I don't know, someone else could have taken advantage seeing her like that." Paul continued while he bounce uneasily on the balls of his feet. Running one hand on his hair as he spoke.

"Look, Let me drive you both. Uh, I could get the car right away. We have to let the poor dear rest." Paul offered, his forehead full of premature crease.

"Fred-Isabella!? What'd you do to her HUH?!" Roger appeared by Freddie's side, the angry scowl he likes to keep now fully directed to Paul. "Fred, I could drive you. Brian just left with Chrissy, she had too much to drink."  He took his jacket off and wrapped it around Isabella's shoulder earning an eye roll and look of dismay from the blonde he's with.

A grunt of discomfort from his lovely ward caught Freddie's attention, worried she might get sick and nauseated. "Thanks Rog, you go ahead with your 'friend'. Uh - Paul here can drive us to Stafford."