74. Birthday blunder

The boys just finished their 2nd gig and now busy picking up the pace on their studio time before the last 2 shows.

Tomorrow will be Freddie's 30th birthday and in spite of their busy schedule all were able to squeeze and manage party preparations. And what parties are Freddie Mercury known for? Let's just say, he's out to give everyone a good time!

The Invitation Read:

"The dandy out to share his candy, you all be pretty folks. Show up in your best 'Whimsical Creature of the Night' finery at 9pm on 23Rd lane, Wine Heaven Cellar."

His little miss pixie on the other hand is secretly close to getting hives! Just thinking of having to mingle around all the fun and interesting people who live for parties that she has to get aquatinted to is a terrifying thing for Isabella. She's bound to stand out for all the wrong reasons.

As if getting her self ready to be an extrovert for a night is not enough, she also couldn't find him a gift! For the life of her she had spent all the extra time she has to go and look for something that will be suitable for such a person as Freddie. And of course ended up with nothing.

Though to be honest, there is only one that comes to mind. Something that is reckless and timeless. A thing no one who knew her would ever think she'd be capable of. This one gives her butterflies with anticipation and crazy as it may be, this one she looks forward to. Something she will only be willing to do for Freddie.

Finally, the end of her shift at the flower shop is almost up. Excited and anxious, she decided to tidy up early to rush back home and prepare the birthday boy's cake: chocolate cherry liquor-double shot.

*Chime!

The door unexpectedly sounding earned an inner grunt from Isabella. Why is it when one is in a hurry fate always find it funny to intervene. An anti climactic force that's ever present in her life. Like a good fairy giving her wishes a go but the bad fairy never lets it stew completely. 

"Oh Isabella, how lovely to see you. You work here, I gather?"

This is, as she was saying about the forces playing with her, the perfect example.

"Mr.Mancini - Pete! Goodness! Yes, um yes I do work here but started just very recently. Uh may I help you with anything?" 

"I have to say, you always impress me. Hard working and beautiful, very rare to come by with the youth of today." Isabella tried to block out the unease that's been setting in when she's in proximity with him. "Anyway, please could you help me find something for my mother? It's her birthday."

"Oh how sweet, sure of course. Well, um. There are a few here that's been pre arranged but if you have a specific flower you want I could also arrange it for you. But I have to warn though, I'm still trying to get the hang of it." She jests at him to lighten the mood. Her run-to tactic for any boy situation.

"That's all right. Hmm, let me see.. the ranunculus here looks lovely, like you are." Hoping to get a reaction which unfortunately seem to go on deaf ears, he added. "But I think I'll go for the pink roses. The ranunculus you give to someone you are attracted to you in a more romantic sort of way."

She was transported back to the time both Alice and her received flowers from Freddie. And hers were these big and beautiful pink ranunculus. The memory earning a soft smile to appear on her lips.

"Do you have something to do after your shift?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you consider getting something to eat after, with me I mean? I don't mind waiting." His words gently rolls from his lips, polite but direct.