36. Small Concert

The Queen boys were still joking about each other when John Reid, their manager came.

"Hello boys, how's everything? I dropped by to discuss something on your schedule. I know it's pretty late but this is a bit urgent." He sat down at the side chair and opened his briefcase taking out some documents. "Well, what do you say about a four day gig here in the UK culminating at a free concert in Hyde Park?"

The boys look at each other trying to see how each one took the news. They seem to refer to each other before answering to anything. They are still currently putting together their 5th album (A Day at the Races) and didn't thought about doing shows other than short interviews here and there.

John Reid in an attempt to persuade the band, said "I think it's a good way of thanking your fans. A free concert is not always done but it's what makes it the more interesting. Think about it, 4 days is not so bad if you weigh how it could help with the sales of your new LP before the actual album promotion tour."

Preparing for live shows is pretty gruesome considering how much effort each member puts in.

In the earlier days when they can't yet afford extra help, Deaky would be the one to go over all their electrical apparatus and make sure all is rigged right to produce the sound they want.

And Roger would handle album covers, press and fan relations while Brian and Freddie focused on the music bit and bands output.

They've taken it upon themselves to put more effort than anyone else working for them. And everyone damn well knows how hard these four boys work at mastering their music and putting on a hell of a great show every single time.

So if they agree to this 4 day show, it has to be just the same as all their other shows: a killer.

John Reid could almost see the wheels turning in each boy's head; all those extra hours of practice and discussing what goes in the set list. The arguments that's naturally bound to happen with the pressure they put on each other.

All these of course on top of the deadline to finish their new album and then launching on an actual full tour just barely 2 months after.

"All right, discuss it among yourselves and ring me ASAP. Here are the stipulations for that show, let me know once you've decided, ok? Right, I shall get going then."

"What about getting a few rounds tonight, ladies? We've got some business to discuss." Roger chimes humorously as soon as their manager left.

*****

"Ali wait, I just want to check something before we head off." Isabella said as she stopped walking then turning around to the opposite direction, Alice in tow on her right hand.

"Oh, why haven't we gone here earlier, the shops look neat!" Alice looked around as they walked past the stalls now about to close.

"Well we only had a few hours earlier so I thought it best to bring you somewhere else since we can just always go here anytime." Rounding to the corner they entered the vintage shop of Mrs.Walsh.

Ding* The shop door sounds as they entered.

"Sorry, we're clo... oh hi there, Belle! I haven't seen you in awhile." Tim, Mrs.Walsh's son approached them from behind the counter.

"Oh, hi Tim. It's nice to see you. Uhmm, Mrs.Walsh is not here?"

"She's out of town buying stuff for the shop. How have you been?"

Isabella hid her agitation that she should bump into him. Tim had been a very vocal admirer and Isabella doesn't want to hurt his feelings. Nor does she want to have to stop going here. So she had devised a scheme to drop by only at the hours she knew Tim will be at work.