62. Rings and Vows

Isabella had excused herself from the newly weds earlier than she planned for it's gotten so uncomfortable to keep going to the restroom to avoid conversing with the other young male guests.

Knowing Freddie will not be by the lobby yet, she went out hurriedly back to  church just across the street. It's just 6:22pm and the priests are doing their evening prayers together. She sat by the last bench before kneeling on the pew for a short prayer. As she sat back she was startled by a cool voice behind her.

"Were you sneaking out on me?" Freddie whispered to her ear while he stood on her back leaning to her.

"Goodness! Oh Freddie, you gave me a fright! How'd you know I was here? And no, I wasn't."

Freddie now walked around the pew to sit beside her smiling sheepishly.

"I know, I was just teasing you. You look bloody uncomfortable in that reception table darling!"

"How'd you know that?" She is now suspiciously eyeing him with squinty eyes.

"Oh well! I just took a quick look to see how you were enjoying yourself. And by God that boy just won't give it a rest, won't he?!"

The priests and some of the other church goers shoot them glances when Freddie's voice rose.

He hunches a little quickly with both hands up a bit mouthing a silent sorry to everyone.

She covered her mouth at almost chuckling at Freddie who looked like an embarrassed schoolboy.

Whispering closer to avoid too much noise, she continued. "Well, I figured I've already done my part and no more reason to stay longer and since it's still early I decided to drop by for a short prayer before I meet you back at the lobby."

"Nice play, nice play darling. I bet you get swamped by boys, and girls dare I say, wherever possible, hmm?"

"Oh no-no-no! It was mostly just today, not so many single girls at that party I gather." With wide eyes she shook both her hands at him before noticing everyone giving them disapproving looks once again.

Freddie chuckled a little softly at her embarrassment both by getting stern looks and for his remark. "It's ok doll, I've eyes of my own so I can see. No need to be defensive about the truth."

They were quiet for sometime before Freddie caught himself studying her profile intensely. She is lovely, in all the ways pleasing to the eyes. But she has something in her that drives him crazy. 

She's lonely like he is but unlike him she had not sought intimacy for the sake of not being alone. In fact she pushes it away as if it's something someone worthy needs to earn. He has known her close to 2 years now and not in all that time has she ever asked for a favor but does favors for him every time! She's not like some of his 'friends' or 'lovers' who seem to always want to cash in on him for every little good deed they did him. He can't help roll his eyes at the thought.

And he knows she feels something for him wether it be admiration as a fan or whatever you like to call it because she lets him get away being with her and kissing her (despite it being manipulated most times admittedly but still!). Invading her privacy fair to say. When some of those boys don't even get a decent conversation time out off of her.

And by God this time there is no question he feels many good things for her. And he is jealous of the thought she might entertain someone else. He wants her to love him as much as he knows for sometime now what he feels for her is love!

"Umm, should we get going?" She asked him with an uneasy smile trying to dismiss the fact he has been staring at her without a word.

"Why don't we stay a moment more, sweetheart." He smiles at her, his eyes soft and his pupils fully dilated as they focus on her every feature.