76. Boiler Room Overalls

Sept 18, 1976

Last day of their summer stint culminating at Hyde Park and finally happening in London so Isabella could watch the band live. She's been with Freddie close to 4 months now but has never been able to see them perform in person. To be fair, Queen only has Hyde Park concert to offer during the time they got official in their relationship.

That's why Freddie was so excited to perform this show. He got Isabella a backstage pass so she can join him before and after their set. It will be just an hour performance but that is enough to show off in front of her. Like a short introduction to the life she will be in from now on.

As soon as her baking classes were done, Isabella rushed to the concert place. She didn't even get changed in her haste to finally see the band and Freddie perform live.

It took super human effort to get near the backstage with so many people loitering around. Lucky enough Mike spotted her queuing to get through to backstage. He called Isabella and escorted her to the front of the crowd - all claiming friends of the band.

Mike only had to whisper to the security personnel guarding the steel doors and immediately she was welcomed inside. The crowd behind her tried pushing their way in, looking her over and protesting for letting her pass so easily.

Isabella waved and thanked Mike as she was being led inside the also crowded makeshift hall.

Upon reaching the door with 'Queen' logo boldly emblazoned, the person guiding her knocked not even 3 times before the door flung open to a FULL. On the other side none other than the most charismatic frontman himself!

Freddie flew to hug Isabella tight before drawing her in the room and shutting the door.

"Baby, I was getting worried you got held up somewhere. Or that something happened to you! A Rock & Roll crowd can be too energetic sometimes."

Isabella blushed as soon as she laid eyes on her boyfriend, all made up and in his element. But even more so with him openly showing affection that shocked the PA who was with her and all the onlookers the same.

"Come darling, the boys are all here cause we had to share the room for this one. Not much area to set up with the size of the crowd that turned up."

The boys all went to greet her gingerly, kissing her cheek before going back to their personal spot, each having last minute talk with their 'lady friend' or wife.

She got seated to a chair John took for her while Freddie was called by the stage manager for last minute instructions, about safety hazard on stage and camera locations.

From where he stands, Freddie could feel her staring at him but whenever he would catch her eyes Isabella would look away, blush profusely and shake her head to herself.

Yet here she is again but a few seconds past and her eyes are on him. He's all for having her attention all to himself but it's making him wonder what's going on in her head.

It's only about 12 minutes before they are to go on stage and he's wearing his white stretch jumpsuit intending to go out with only that and his ballet flats.

The boys all hurried their way to the stage holding area for a last minute run through of their personal instructions to their roadies waiting by the sidelines. Since Freddie will be emerging on stage through a levitating platform, he had given his instructions to Ratty early on.

Now, only he and Isabella are left in the room and he smiled to her, hoping to know what it was that's been bothering her.

"Honey, do you like how I look? Hey what is it, sweetheart? You can tell me." He asked, reaching for both her hands with his head tilt to the side so he could see her face better.