60. Back on the road

Sitting back in the car, Isabella got to  thinking on what Freddie said regarding what the song 'Love of My Life' was truly about.

As she heard it from the Rockstar himself there is no way anyone can dispute the song's meaning now, atleast to her, that is.

Because it turns out that even when he seems so out there with physicality and sensuality with everyone, his heart is loyal.

A lover for all but he who loves none but one.

For all that parading from one partner to the next it's amazing to find out how Freddie only has truly let just one person inside.

Mary.. Oh, to be her!

As his former lover, Mary is definitely cherished by him. Attending to her needs whenever and however. Yet now all they could ever be are friends.

If Mary loves him still with a lover's heart, that is one sad way to loose and keep him.

Loved to the end but only as a friend.

Oh, to be her..

Is a gift and a curse. Sigh

Forever guarding Freddie's heart but never the one to keep it. It hurst just to think about it. She must really be special to endure such a painful task with acceptance. 

By that same thought, one can't help imagine what it would be like if he ever falls in love with you romantically? Oh, how that would feel must be out of this world!

She slowly glanced to her side, hyper-fantasizing on the notion of one Freddie Mercury completely in love.

And...

She felt insecure and jealous.

Ohh that world is so beyond her.

HE, is so beyond her!

Sure, she is his present distraction, that much she knows and care to admit. Maybe to him she's like a note out of tune, but once she's been tuned by him-The Master, like all his endless list of lovers he'll tire of her.

She doesn't need that tossing aside to happen. She's trying to do that by herself but he won't seem to let her. Perhaps he must delight at fanning the flames of her emotions and it's so hard, so very hard if he must know, to control herself around him! Can't he just let her slide? Like, let this out-of-tune existence of her fall off his grasp so she could move on with her life? Is that really too much to ask?

"It is."

What?! Does he read minds now?

"I'm sorry, what was it?" She almost stutter with the question.

"That silly look on your face is asking if this mustache and outfit is staying on along the duration of our trip, well it is dear. Satisfied?" He glanced at her before continuing. "That was what that look you're giving me was about, wasn't it?"

She was so lost for words at the extreme poles of his guess to that which was running through her head that she just continued to look at him.

"Well it's either that or you want to ask me something personal. Well if you must know then ask away. Out with it dear."

He looked at her with veiled boredom not wanting to discuss himself because that's how it usually is. He tells someone something and they're ready to pounce for more.

But also in a way he wanted her to ask him, show more interest in him you know, like my God isn't he controversial enough for her? She just keep to herself and he wants to know what she thinks of him. Cause if she's thinking about him it's nice if she could let him know. A little bit of encouragement wouldn't hurt a man.

"Are you having a stroke? Your face looks weird, beautiful as it may be."

"Wha - what? No! I was just uh.. You're right. Thinking if this style you have will be the standard look you'll keep for the wedding." A sigh of relief can't help but escape her.

"Oh, I see. Right. Then is there anything else on your mind? You seem to be thinking something through."

"I was uhm, well.. uhh, spaced out! Yeah! That's it. I was thinking blank."

"Well, you keep a funny face when you think blank. Please don't do that in public dear, you'll terrify the children."

"What?! I.. I "

She touched her face as if to check whether all parts were still in place as she heard Freddie let out a laugh.

"Oh you, you think you look swell don't you? Let's see what odd remarks the guests say about your look."

"Heyyy, I thought you said I looked fine?!" He then tried to study himself from the car mirror with a very worried look given it's fashion and appearance we're talking about before hearing soft giggles from Isabella.

"Why you! You think that funny? Making fun of my guise." Mischief fill his eyes as his lips curved in a playful smirk. "You'll get it now doll, come here!" 

He lounged at her both hands going for her waist as he tickles her breathless.

"Ahh! Freddie, no! No!"

"Can't hear you, sorry!"

"Please!! Freddie!!"

Her laughter ringing in his ears as he continue with this little torture. His musical laughter mixing with her girly ones is infectious and Mike can't help join with a booming holler of a cackle. The two stopped  and looked wide eyed at Mike who before today they never heard laugh! And twice at that!

They exchanged looks with comical expression before starting another fit of giggles.

"Mike dear, we don't mind you joining in the fun, just make sure we don't get into any road trouble again please." Freddie said in good humor.

"Oh, of course Freddie you can count on it." His merry cheeks and eyes beam at them from the mirror. He felt better when they're better.