29. Monday Madness

Back at the studio, the boys sat digesting the song Freddie just sang. He's got the whole melody figured out compared to when he first played it to them, now with only a few lyrics towards the end that is missing. He'd like to have the bands input and start recording soon.

"It's good one Freddie, sounds really strong in the middle I like it. Any source of inspiration for this one?" Brian had just picked his Red Special to fidget with the mix that he thought would blend so well with this Freddie piece.

"Nothing really, it just came to me.. like, to not sound boring or predictable. I wanted some emotions there to get the message across, you know."

"Yeahh, right.. right.. I could really work on the beat to make the sound bigger." Roger mindlessly spoke while staring hard and studying the music sheet where Freddie scribbled, obviously in earnest.

"Any 'title' you have in mind?" Brian asked while waiting to write it on a paper for his own chord placement.

"Maybe something about millionaire, I don't know. I'll get on with that later."

John on the other hand was busy working his bass, and in his head was already a clear idea what he would like to add to the song's already fantastic rhythm.

"Hey John, that sounds really good. Did you come up with that just now?" Brian murmured while listening at the opening bass from Deaky. "Hmmm, looks like everyone's inspired today, it seems." He continued with a slight chuckle impressed by the speed they're going with this one song.

"The countryside must have done me good I think, cleared my head." John said grinning. "It was nice area, really. It helps too I think that I bumped to someone we know."

"Yeah? Who, an ex-girlfriend?" Roger asked jokingly. "And you say you're out with Ronnie in that trip?" Both Brian and John chuckles at the comic scene.

"No, nothing like that. It was Isabella, didn't thought I'd see her there, pleasant surprise it was."

Freddie stopped mid chitchat with Ratty, one of the band's roadie turned friend.

"Freddie's Isabella? Yeah? I could imagine her as a countryside gal. Very sweet looking. Can't help but think if she has any naughty bone to her though." Roger grinning sheepishly but was met with Freddie's quip.

"She's a nice gal, that one, very sweet. Definitely won't fit your scene, Rog. Don't even try it."

"Heyyy, I did say she's sweet! No need to sound like a dad putting down curfew rules to your daughter."

"Excuse me?! Well she's far from being my daughter. Just keeping you in check with your thirsting for the poor dear." Turning to John, "Now John, you were saying? Where was that countryside again?" 

"Well, it's nearby Ronnie's Nana, we come visit her once in awhile. Poor lady living on her own."

A little frustrated due to the fact that the conversation is stirring a different direction, Freddie tries to haul it back without listening properly. "That's lovely dear. Anything she mentioned about me? Uhmm some sort of message to relay or whatever?"

John looked at Freddie a bit taken that he thought it 'lovely' an old lady lives alone."Hmmm.. there's none, no.. she was in a bit of a hurry then. Just went off mid conversation." John now looking confused "You didn't know, I gather? She didn't tell she was there?"

"Ohh, well, I didn't have the time you know with the song-this one, I was basically just focused on it over the weekend and I, couldn't, didn't have time to chat with her, that's all." Freddie's inner self now clawing at John's neck. John you bitch! You and your questions, urgh!

"Freddie, give this one a listen would you? I think it'll fit perfectly with that pamm-pam-pam/pam-pamm-pam part." Brian all too excited with his take on the song.

"Listen to my bit too after that will yeah, I got some good banging combos I could think off to add there. You'll like it!"

Now if only he could slip unnoticed from these three dorks he could finally talk to Isabella. But at this rate of creative drive his band mates suddenly has, it's almost no use trying to distract them so he could go. "Huhh, very well, let's see what you each have." Looks like they will be here for awhile. John better tell me wherever that countryside is!

*****

It's now just after lunch on a sunny Tuesday and the convent is quiet at this time, every one attending to a chore or napping. She's stayed since Friday noon and will be leaving back to London again at 4pm so she could be at work tomorrow. She can't believe it's been already 5 days since she went here and have no real choice but to go back and earn her keep. Since she didn't have to be at the library on Sundays, she's only been on leave for 4 days. 

She finished packing and decided to go back to the convent grounds for a much better view than stay up in the old room. Book in hand, she walked and sat on her favorite spot. It's a bit further to the back with more trees for shade and no one to bother her.

Absorbed with the book, a line flew to her like a rabbit from a magician's hat:

"I want to be the air that inhabits you
for a moment only. I want to be that unnoticed and necessary."

She felt a slight ache in her chest because the script on the book put the words she didn't knew could have been her own. All this while, she has unknowingly poured her devotion to Freddie. Silently, she knew the little things she does for him are borne out of love. She wanted to participate in his life, even from just the shadows. She is happy just to see him happy. In her mind, she can't help resemble the sunflower. Tirelessly worshipping the sun, gazing at it's direction no matter the time of day.

Until suddenly he was not kind nor gentle to her anymore. Her tears began to form because she misses him. Even if he was blatantly aggressive towards her she couldn't get enough of him, invading her thoughts with his former kindness and sweetness towards her. She had lost that.

Absorbed in a world of her own, she hardly saw someone approach her until she heard him spoke. "Isabella, darling...?"