7. Slumber Party

Stepping back to the living room, Isabella asked Freddie again if he'd like to have some snack and he actually now feels he could use some tea.

They sat across from each other on the dinning table while Freddie helps himself on the lemon squares. They were surprisingly good.

"Wow, where did you get these dear? They're really to my liking, not too sweet or citrusy" smiling with content as he munches.

"Ohh, those.. I've made them two days ago. Used to making for three instead of just me", tentatively glancing down as she spoke.

"Belle, what do you mean by three? Do you use to have roommates?" Now, his curiosity was piqued. He's been meaning to get to know her better for awhile now sadly with no luck. Even trying to head home out of schedule to chance her still there at his flat but she's just always seem so reserved. Those out of schedule trips home didn't go to waste though thinking to himself.

"Well... my sister and brother-in-law used to live here with me, but.. um there was an accident 3 months ago and now it's just me.."

"Oh my, Belle dear, I'm sorry to hear that.."

He didn't know she was going through such a tough time. This explains the sudden loss of contact from her side. He was about to reach for her but was a second too late as she suddenly stood up with an embarrassed smile on her lips.

"Would you like to have more tea or.." she trails off.

He was looking at her, unsure how to extend her some comfort. "Yes please, if you don't mind." He said softly. She's obviously hurt and too aloof for her sake.

Isabella fixed another cup for him before continuing with a chirpy voice. "Well umm, Freddie, the bed sheet in the main room is fresh and there's food here, and I.. I better go to sleep now, goodnight."

But then Freddie with pleading eyes reached out and held her hand softly, effectively stopping her. He slowly stood up and took the other one. He pulled her to him and ever so gently hugged her while stroking her hair. "I'm sorry Belle, I should have known sooner. Please know I am here for you."

With all her might she told herself not to cry. And keep it together like she always does. She kept still for a moment, so comfortable in his embrace when she felt her heart go nuts with beating! With a slight push she thanked him before going to her tiny room to sleep.

There she lie in bed furious with herself because when one is being offered condolences the proper thing to do is be gracious and not get hot flashes! What is the matter with me?! I'm sorry Elizabeth I didn't mean to mingle my lustful thoughts with your passing. Please forgive me.

*****

Freddie, deciding to lie on the couch instead of going to the main room, felt restless. What was that jolt he felt just now upon being so near her?

"Your sinfulness knows no bound you know?! The girl is mourning and you must get hot on her wouldn't you?! I'm fuuucked." He cursed himself wide awake.

"Well, if she's feeling better later I might get one of those stolen pecks when she thought me sleeping" he secretly hopes closing his eyes.

It was silly really when it happened the first time. He went home too early from the studio exhausted as hell with all the going back and forth on the song they're working on and a bit sick with headache.

She was taken aback seeing him home so early and asked quietly if she should get going so that he could rest privately.

Instead of saying yes, he shoots her a favor if it's not too much that she kindly massage his head as it's possibly splitting in two at any moment now. A worried look crossed her face, she seem to weigh the situation but soon agrees when she saw how much discomfort he was in. Freddie motioned her on the sofa and he lied on her lap. His eyes closed and slightly knitted brows he waited with his cheek nuzzled closer on her belly.

She froze. "Must you look such a baby?.." her intrusive thoughts whispered to her.

She slowly stroke his temples and his scalp. It felt so soothing he can't help but moan. He knows he's been dozing in and out of sleep when he felt her lift his head and gently laid unto a cushion. A few more minutes then a soft peck on the cheek followed by the door closing softly.

He'd then some random days go home too early or out of schedule and pretend to nap on the couch. Thinking he's asleep, she'd kiss him on the cheek or his forehead just before she leaves.

He was so mad of want for those pecks he's worried she might find out his scheme given the frequency of his change in schedule lately. It's become like a small prize he looks forward to when his day's a little screwed up. But then she sent mail one time advising she will take a long leave of absence to attend to some personal matter.

He must have been thinking too long he actually fell asleep without realizing until it came.. the shy little peck.. this time though, it's on his lips..