15. Nowhere To Go

Almost done with preparing sandwich she felt Freddie approach from behind her on the kitchen counter. She glanced about to speak when she saw he was topless.

She immediately whirls her head back to face the sink pretending to be occupied. She felt him directly at her back only but an inch away. He leans his right arm to reach at the top shelf. "I just need to take a glass to drink water." He spoke calmly with a bit of husky voice.

"You were saying dear? I didn't hear from the bathroom." Now opening the tap with his left hand while the other holds the glass to collect water effectively trapping her in between himself and the kitchen sink.

She swallows hard not moving a muscle getting all sorts of questionable ideas  with his closeness. Please have mercy on me Lord, I'm begging you.

"I'm, uhhh...the shirt.. you, uhmm.." she stutters. Freddie leans to her ear, "I'm sorry baby doll, what was it?" His breath fanning at her sending goose bumps down her arms. She closed her eyes trying to focus. She glanced to the side and gasped far too exaggerated.

"OH, but my! Look at the time!" She ducks from under his arm and hurried to the table with the plate on her hand. "Please have some sandwich, I better get ready!" She announced as she brisk to the toilet.

He glanced to the side wall. No clock. But of course, what a crafty little witch. Well, she got away easy this time, he thought while shaking his head towards the table, smiling to himself.

*****

Isabella drowned herself in cold shower muttering hard to the wall:

What is he doing? He must know I really fancy him like an idiot!

You think?

Oh no!? I need to NOT go near him before I won't get to stop myself.

He's not your boyfriend you harlot, stop your fantasies!

I'm trying to! But it's the hardest..

Well try harder!

Why not ask for a miracle then? That's easier by a landslide.

She slightly bangs her head to the wall unsure what to do with herself.

Isabella finally steps out fully dressed as she approached the table. He's now put on a shirt but not the one she chose. Instead, he's wearing the satin blouse she wore on her sister's wedding that's so ill fitting on her as it's too loose but too revealing on the front. She had to admit, it suits him better.

"Ohh, you're done? Come, come my dear eat your breakfast" he motions for her. She sat across from him not trusting herself yet to look him in the eyes. She's afraid he'll be able to still glimpse the desire she's trying to hide. She drinks her coffee and was starting with her sandwich when he spoke.

"Uhmm, I tried the other shirt on but forgive me dear that was just not my style." His eyes widening a little for emphasis. "I um, took the liberty and I, well I saw this. I hope you don't mind, though if you do I could ta.." He was about to unbutton the shirt when she stoped him.

"NO! Sorry that was too loud, I... Yes, please use it, it's just sitting there in the closet anyway." She explains.

"Are you sure dear? Because I could just ta.." Freddie again about to stand up and she caught his arm "Yes I'm sure!! I, well, it doesn't suit me anyway. But it looks good on you."

He sat down smiling and fluffing his hair "Why thank you dear, I like satin if you'd care to know." Of course she knows. He continues then, "actually I could think of many things that will fit you nicely, Belle. We should go shopping sometime, as my token for being so generous to me these 2 days." Now inspecting her from the cup's rim as he sips tea.

"But I don't need more things. I have enough, it won't even fit in this place if I get even one more shirt" she joked.

"In that case, come move with me!"

She almost choked to her death at that last line.

"Oh goodness, are you ok dear? Here, have some water." Freddie stoke her back hard as she was bent over still gasping for air. She needed time to recover from that one!

When she seems a lot less like dying, he presses on the subject, "I mean, my place is big enough for 2 and don't get me wrong but you're not so safe just all alone here by yourself with those nightmares waiting to happen anytime." He shudders for impact all the while still stroking her back, this time more sensually; to soothe her of course. What's a friend got to do, let her die from her spit? Well not on my watch.

"Think about it, you could still do your house sitting for me only now you won't need to leave the house! Of course you're still free to do your other commitments and uhm, I'll pay you more since you're there longer and well.... two alone individuals don't need to be lonely apart wouldn't you agree?"

For the life of her she doesn't know what to make of that offer because if he's joking she could die laughing right now! But if he wasn't then how is one expected to respond without sounding foolish?!

Better safe than sorry is what she thought, "that's uhhh, nice offer.. but I'm all right by here and, and.. I don't want to intrude on your privacy by staying at your place.. for sure you're friends will not like the idea of..." she was about to finish her explanation when his mood darkens.

He stood up and walks to the sink with an attempt to wash his plate and cup but seem unable to figure out how to start. He sigh in frustration before calling over his shoulder, "I like to clear this, but uhmm.. should I use this sponge and.." Before he could finish Isabelle was beside him taking the sponge.

He moved away from her with head bent down eyes focused on the sink. She gently spoke "Let me handle this, Freddie. Don't worry about it." She tried to smile at him but he then walks back to the sofa and sat without a word.

What did I do? Was I rude? She thought to herself glancing towards him as she finish washing up.