71. Day 1

As the car approach Stafford Terrace, Isabella kept a long stare out the car window, clutching her backpack to her chest for a much needed form of security.

Begining tonight this will be her new place of residence. Albeit temporary - she reassures herself - the pit in her stomach still churns, she felt mighty worried with her decision and what it will - MIGHT! lead to.

What about the neighbors and the nuns? The NUNS! What will they all say? And Elizabeth? She will turn to her grave and crawl and claw at me.

The sudden warmth of Freddie's hand taking hold of her clammy - cold ones had caused her a hiccup."Freddie, bubs, I think - I think I made a mistake and I'm sorry for dragging you through this. But if I could just ask Mike to_"

An exceedingly understanding and patient set of eyes stare at her, as if waiting for just this thing to come out of her mouth. His thumb massaged her knuckles so it would ease the death grip she has on her bag.

"I hope you give it a try first, darling. It's no use getting so worked up when the situation is very obviously out of your hands. I understand you, believe me. Look, I could spend the week at a hotel if this set-up gives you this much anxiety."

He's right. She's acting nuts and totally selfish. This is not the behavior she should be paying him with after offering to give her a roof over her obviously coo-coo of a head.

"No! I'm_" straightening up with a forceful swallow was necessary to feel braver. Then again she went and sag on her seat. "I'm sorry, Freddie. I don't know why I'm making such a fuss over this. I'm usually very agreeable."

A playful smile appears as he spoke. "Really? Oh you must let me meet this agreeable Isabella all at once."

"Bubs! I am. I swear."

Seeing her jitters won't ease up, he leans down and drew her towards him. "It's ok kitten. You don't have to explain. I rather you tell me what you feel than agreeing to everything. Then fucking regretting all the same the next day. And in this situation, maybe you'll find it hard to believe, but it's your safety that I'm after more. That's true."

Of course being the tease that he is, he had to add in a low sexy voice over her ear. "But some perks do come in cohabiting with such a hot number as myself! I warn you, your paws might get busy, my little kitty cat."

The mere mention of cohabiting made Isabella's face blush and Freddie lets out one of his deep belly moving giggles. "You don't have to take everything so seriously! Lighten up a little! Come, we have to get you settled and resting. Here, let me help you."

He opened the door and pulled Isabella with lightness and assurance. Taking the wooden frame from her (with the momentos he gave) which she reminded would have to be handled carefully. What a bossy little thing she is. She's lucky I love her.

"Mike, please leave Isabella's things by the trunk, you can attend to it tomorrow. Have a goodnight and thank you."

"Sure Freddie, Isabella. You both rest well."

She smiled at Mike quickly before going on tiptoes and whisper to Freddie."Bubs, I have my clothes there. I only have my_"

"Oh let's let Mike rest, darling. He's had a long day with both of us he had to drive around. Come, I'm sure we can find something for the meantime."

Her backpack jiggled with something, an odd rattle that's hard to miss. Curious, he had to ask. "What's that in your bag, sweetheart?"

"Oh I forgot." Isabella moved her bag to the front and slid the zipper, taking out a pair of maracas.