New Years

(Your POV)

You and your bestfriend Sophia went to Time Square to watch the ball drop. It was practically freezing out here, you could see your breath because of how cold it was. The air was whistling and everyone had their big puffy coats on to keep warm. Every adult had their families with them or just their kids.

Almost every teenager around your age had their boyfriend with them. You were alone just waiting for midnight to come so you could witness it all then go back home.

Sophia decided to come with you because her boyfriend couldn't make it and at first you said no, but she begged you to come so you caved in and decided to go. You two were just waiting and talking with each other to pass time until her boyfriend surprisingly showed up. Now you were basically by yourself even though they were still right next to you, but you felt like a third wheel and decided to move up a bit and let them have their time together.

After a while you got to the perfect spot, you could see everything perfectly from where you were. They started to announce everything and not long after they were preparing for the ball to drop. You looked around watching everyone else and how happy they were compared to you right now. You were really cold and weren't really in the mood anymore, so you decided to leave. You turned around and somebody immediately walked right into you.

"I'm sorry" the person said and you nodded and kept walking, not very long after you felt somebody grab your arm "Wait, you're not gonna stay?"

"No, I rather not" you said shaking your head.

"Why not?" he asked and you looked up to meet eyes with the boy who ran into you.

"Because I'm cold and I'm practically alone" you said turning on your feet before he regrabbed your arm.

"Here" he said taking one of his jackets off.

"No that's fine" you said holding out your hand to stop him.

"No really, I'm kind of hot to be honest. I have like five layers of clothes on" he said handing you his jacket "And if you feel alone, you can hang with me if you want"

"You don't even know me" you said slowly sliding the jacket on.

"I don't know a lot of people here, you're not a crazy person or anything right?" he asked.

"No" you chuckled lightly.

"Then I think we're good" he said holding out his hand "I'm Austin"

"(Y/N)" you said shaking his hand as sparks and butterflies erupted in your stomach just from the short amount of contact.

"That's a pretty name" he said glancing back over at the ball, the clock ticking away.

"Thanks" you said and he looked around nervously before glancing back at you.

"C'mere" he said grabbing your hand and pulling you through the crowd.

"Where are we going?" you asked following him.

"Up there" he said pointing up to a small space above the ball.

**

"Why did you bring me up here?" you asked.

"Because you seemed sad and I want you to go in to the new year happy" he said grabbing your other hand and smiling at you.

"That's sweet" you said blushing.

"You're cute when you blush" he said before shivering a little.

"See I told you that you should've kept your jacket" you said and he smiled and laughed looking down at his feet before pulling you into his arms. Your bodies pressed against each others keeping you both warm, sharing each others embrace as your arms came up and around the back of his neck.

"I did that so I could do this" he said wrapping his arms tighter around you.

"Clever" you said giggling "But I still don't know you"

"You can get to know me" he said looking down at you in his arms.

"I just might consider it" you said with a wide smile.

"It would make me happy if you did" he smiled "And I'm glad you're happy" he said poking your cheek before everyone in the crowd started chanting the last ten seconds.

"How are we suppose to see the ball drop?" you asked.

"Look up" he said and you did to see the gigantic ball dropping down above you and eventually going right past you and down to the bottom. You looked out and into the crowd to see everyone kissing their boyfriends and their husbands.

Austin looked down at you and you looked up at him, both of you staring at each other before he broke the eye contact looking down at your lips and back up at you. His eyes flickered once again from your eyes and to your lips then back up to your eyes. You slowly leaned in as he did the same watching you attentively making sure there was no hesitation.

Within seconds his lips were on yours, hovering and moving over yours in a slow but passionate manner. Both of your lips were locked in sync, yours melting into his plump ones as his right arm tightened around your waist pulling you closer and his left hand came up caressing your cheek deepening the kiss. He slowly pulled away and leaned his forehead against yours before a smile came across his lips, directly after you returned the same smile.

"You're a good kisser" he said and you laughed.

"You're not too bad yourself" you said and he smiled.

"I have to leave in a few, but I'd like to see you again" he said and you blushed as his thumb ran over your cheek.

"Austin's flirting again" a blonde haired boy yelled while two other dark haired boys laughed at him.

"(Y/N) these are my bestfriends Zach, Robert, and Alex" Austin said stifling a laugh.

"Hi" you waved smiling as they did the same.

"Can I hold your phone?" he asked looking down to see it sticking out of your pocket.

"Yeah" you said handing it to him as he typed for a few seconds before handing it back to you.

"Alright, well I have to go" he said looking down at you.

"I guess I'll text you later" you said waving your phone before sliding it back into your pocket.

"I hope you will" he said caressing your cheek before he kissed you once again.

"Mmmmm" Robert, Alex, and Zach all said in a girly voice as Austin pulled away from you and playfully rolled his eyes at them.

"Bye beautiful" he said turning around and jogging over to them.

"Bye Austin" you said with a wide smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

×Authors Note×

-VOTE!!

Thanks for 11k reads

Opinions?

Comments?