Distance Leads To Proposals

The last few days Austin has been really distant and you can't seem to figure out why. You'll try to hug him or cuddle up to him and he nudges you off. You tried to ask him a few times what's going on and why he seems so upset, but he tells you "it's nothing" and today he wanted to go for a walk with you out of the blue.

(Your POV)

He's been acting distant and nudging me off of him then denying all of my inquiries. Then all of a sudden he asks if I'd like to take a walk with him. I don't know what to think, what if he breaks up with me? What if he's mad at me?

Well I haven't done anything, at least to me I don't think I have so I can cross that off the list. I don't know what to think, only of all these possible turn outs. I was then snatched from the thoughts by a knock at the door. I rushed over and opened the door to see non other than Austin.

"Hey babe" I said smiling.

"Hey" he said not even making eye contact with me.

"Umm...are you ready to go?" I asked him

"Yeah sure, let's go" he said walking back down the steps.

I walk up behind him and grab his hand, he glanced down to my sudden choice of actions. I look up to meet his gaze, then he redirects it immediately back to the path in front of us both.

"So how was your day?" I asked curiously.

"It was fine, I got a few songs done in the studio" he said dryly.

"Oh well I'm glad you got some songs done" I said after noticing he had no effort in making conversation right now. We continued to walk as we got into the South Beach area of Miami.

"Why are so quiet Auggie?" I ask knowing he'd have to make a comment to that.

"You've got jokes, I see" he says coldly.

"No I just want you to talk to me"

"I just did, less than a few seconds ago babe" he said.

Well at least he called me babe, that's the first time tonight.

"I mean real conversation not just 5-6 word responses, I enjoy talking to you Austin" I said in a hurt tone.

"Look I didn't mean to offend you, but right now I really don't feel like talking" he said as his index finger ran over my chin making my gaze meet his.

"Why not? what's wrong?" I asked.

"It's nothing" he said for about the 100th time.

"Yes it is Austin, I've known you almost 3 years I know when you're lying to me." I said back smartly.

"Oh really....how?" he asks squinting his eyes.

"Your eyes tell everything Austin" I said honestly, he looked away from me and continued to walk down the pathway passing multiple stores. I slowly walked behind him until eventually I caught up.

"Please tell me what's wrong" I said stopping him dead in his tracks.

"There's nothing wrong" he says fidgeting as his right hand finds a way into his pocket.

"Then why are you acting like this?" I asked.

"I'm not acting like anything, just come on!" he says pulling me down the street. I quickly follow as he pulls me down to the center of South Beach to the huge water fountain, it continously gushes out water in rhythmic patterns as the lights flicker at the bottom of the fountain tieing the entire scene together wondrously.

"Why did you bring me here, I mean it's beautiful but why?" I asked curiosity dripping from each word.

"I thought you'd like it" he said smiling.

"Bu-"

"I also thought it'd be the perfect place to do this..." he said cutting you off.

"To do what?" I asked, and I could tell he was nervous as if he was dreading the next few moments like the ground would collapse beneath him.

Then you suddenly see Robert, Alex, and Zach come up and stand behind him with their hands crossed in front of them, they just stood tall and smirked at your expression.

"Umm...Austin why are the boys here?" I asked confused.

"I asked them to be here" he said.

"Why?" I asked.

After the endless minutes he's had his right hand in his pocket, he pulls it out and in his palm is a square red box. I immediately had tears brimming my eyes. Austin smiled at me and got down on one knee.

"I fell in love with you the first day I saw you (Y/N). You complete me in every way possible. I want to share every moment of my life with you, I will take care of you and I will never hurt you. I promise to never leave you alone, I promise to be with you for life. (He showed me the ring in the box) Will you marry me?" he asked with a hopeful smile looking up to me as the boys did the same.

I couldn't process any words, my heart beat caressed my ear drums as my blood heated up and began to rush through my body.

"Please say something" Austin mumbled.

"I wouldn't love anything more than to marry you!" I screamed running over as he stood up and placed the ring on my finger, it fit perfectly. As the tears streamed down my face Austin pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly.

"I love you so much (Y/N)"

"I love you too Austin, so so much" I said crying into his shoulder. He picked me up smiling and spun me around making me giggle lightly.

"Well there's the happy couple" Robert said clapping and smiling.

"Very happy" Austin blurted out as I ran over and hugged all of the boys. After that they all came over and did the bro handshake and gave him a hug while congratulating him.

"Thanks guys" Austin said smiling from ear to ear.

"No problem, glad we could witness the moment" they all said grinning and lightly chuckling. "We're gonna go eat, so you two can have some privacy" Robert said as they soon walked off.

Austin smirked and then turned to face me. "I'm sorry I've been distant, I've been preparing for this and I didn't wanna mess it up" he said walking over to me.

"I'm sorry for constantly pestering you about it, and no you were no where near messing it up that was a perfect moment" I said back as he grabbed my hand.

"Don't apologize for that, you were only doing what a good girlfriend and now wife would do" he said pecking my lips.

"I suppose so Mr. Mahone" I smirked.

"You supposed correctly Mrs. Mahone" he said back making me blush.

"I love you so much, I don't even know if love is the proper word to use" I said biting my lip.

"I know the feeling, now come on let's go eat beautiful" he said winking at me, then I took his hand and he lead me into the restaurant.

×Authors Note×

I need respectful criticism of how well this imagine was and how the others were as well. I would love to know all of your thoughts on the first 49 imagines. The next imagine as in the 50th Imagine is gonna be the first to my 'part' imagine, so I hope you're somewhat excited for that.

Also thank you for 222 reads, it hasn't even been a week that I've started this and I've already gotten so many reads. I really appreciate it so so much ♡

I still would like some votes or comments though, that'd be well appreciated.