Guardian Angel

(Your POV)

It's been 4 months since Austin died and I honestly can't take it. I miss him so much, I've been in bed for weeks on end and I can't stop crying. I want him back that's all I ask, he was mine and I loved him more than anything. He was the cause of my happiness, he was the best thing that ever happened to me, the love of my life was ripped away from me.

I was now sitting in our bedroom that was dark but illuminated by the moon. I stared out the window as the thoughts and memories played through my head of something and someone I once had. It made it worse just to think about it, but I couldn't help myself.

"(Y/N)" you heard a faint voice say.

You ignored it knowing you were hearing things, because there was no one in the house but you. You just kept thinking about everything, until once again your thoughts were interrupted by the faint sound of a voice.

You turned over to see a figure standing near your bed. You immediately screamed and ran across the room.

"Don't be scared, It's only me" the voice said.

"Austin....?" you said as tears strolled down your face.

"Yeah" he said walking closer to you.

"This isn't real, you're dead" you said covering your mouth.

"I know and that's why I look like this...all see through and stuff" he said giggling.

"W-Why are you here?" you asked.

"I can't go" he said.

"Go where?" you asked.

"Heaven" he said walking closer to you as you backed up against the wall.

"Why?" you asked.

"I can't....because I was ordered to stay here with you, I'm your guardian angel" he said.

"B-But.....you're dead, how can you be down here" you said excited that he was your guardian angel, but still confused with the whole situation.

"I'm gonna be in heaven majority of the time and I'll come and see you every now and then" he said smiling.

"Really?" you asked and he nodded.

"I missed you" he said walking closer.

"I missed you too" you said somewhat smiling.

"Why are you scared babe?" he asked.

"Because you're dead and this stuff doesn't happen" you said.

"I'm here because of you, our love is why I'm your guardian angel and why I can come and see you" he said and you started to tear up "What's wrong baby?" he asked.

"If I would've stopped you from leaving that night, this wouldn't have happened." you said sadly.

"That wasn't your fault....so don't ever blame yourself for that" he said walking over to you as a tear ran down and stained your cheek. He reached out and wiped the tear, but all you felt was a slight breeze of cold air go across your face.

"It's gonna be okay" he said smiling.

"No it's not I need you here" you said walking closer to him.

"I know baby girl, you still get to see me though" he said smiling.

"Only on occasion when I do something that requires you to come here" you said frowning.

"You'll see me a little more than you expect, I'll be here when you need me" he said walking over to the door.

"Austin where are you going?" you asked sadly.

"I have to go for now" he said opening the door.

"I don't want you to go...promise me you'll come back" you said as a tear fell.

"I promise I'll come back real soon baby" he said blowing you a kiss, you caught it and blushed a little.

"I love you Austin" you said.

"I love you too (Y/N)" he said as he walked through the door then fading away.