Mistakes: Part 7

(Still Austins POV)

We got in and she looked around then immediately squeze her eyes shut "Hey you okay...?" I asked nervously while grabbing her hand "Yeah.....just adjusting to the light out here" she said.

"Yeah that's Miami for you" I said.

She looked at me confused "Yes you're in Miami....you moved here 4 years ago....we met the first month you got here and you moved in with me 2 years ago." I said trying to refresh her mind.

She furrowed her eyebrows and nodded. I drove down the highway listening to music it was in the spring now....the beginning of spring to be exact.

I began humming to a song & she questioned me "What are you humming....the song on the radio doesn't sound like that" I smiled.

"It's a song I wrote a few years back called 'places', why?" I asked glancing at her.

"Because...I...like it" she said which made me smile really hard and giggle

"What's funny?" she asked.

"Before we got married, when we became good friends after I met you a few years ago, you told me you loved that song....and from then, everytime you would get sick or would have a bad night I would sing that to you and you would calm down and eventually fall asleep" I said looking at the road with my free hand against the window with 3 of my fingers covering my mouth as I guided the car with my other hand.

"Really?" she mumbled.

I nodded and she smiled looking down at her hands "You're really sweet Austin" she said looking over at me nervously.

"I know....you've told me that before" I said smiling at her which made her giggle "Oh...sorry" she said in a sad tone.

I looked over "No its cool" but with that said, I was off the highway pulling into our street "These houses are freaking beautiful....errmahgawd"

I bursted into laughter & she giggled. I pulled into the driveway & she looked over at me "What?" I asked.

"You live here?" she asked & I smiled and corrected her "We live here."

I got out and grabbed our things and opened the front door, then sat our things inside. I walked back over and opened the door for her "Are you gonna just sit here or what?" I asked.

"This isn't real....I must be dreaming" she looked around with a confused but blank facial expression.

"I know...you've told me that before...just a long long long time ago, but come on I'll give you a tour of the house I guess" I held out my hand and she took it and she jumped down and literally flinched in pain. I held her up as I closed the car door then locking it while walking into the house and closing the door "Whoa" she said looking around, I couldn't help but laugh. She hit my arm playfully, then I walked her through telling her where and what everything was and then I got to our room. I opened the glass doors and she let go of me and walked in looking around at everything then she went over to the walk in closet and saw the pictures frames on the wall with pictures of us and she looked at all of them. She then went into the closet and I came in behind her "Right side is all yours and mine is the left side" she looked back and nodded. She went and looked through everything and came back out. She sat on the bed and laid down "Who's side of the bed are you on?" I asked and  she responded "Oh....sorry" I smiled "No....do you remember what side you'd sleep on?" I clarified my question.

She turned over and laid on the other side and she looked up "This side?" I nodded "Yup....and see you remembered something."

She shrugged and I went and got some food and brought her back some. I heard a knock at the door so I walked down and opened it "Hey" I said.

It was her sister and her mom, they just pushed me aside "Where is she?" they snapped at me.

I retorted "She's upstairs" then her sister ran up "Why didn't you call us?" her mom asked me "Because if I did you wouldn't have listened you would've came and crowded her and the doctor didn't want her to see too many people at once" I said back.

"She should see us before she sees you" she yelled, but I expected this because her sister never liked me and her mom just hated me. She just confuses me, sometimes she's okay with me and then next she's like this. I just know one thing she's not going with them, because when she was younger they literally put her through hell. I asked her about it one night I think it was probably our 4th date and at first she didn't want to tell me, because it was a long story and I listened to her so...I'm not letting her relive that.

"Well that was doctors orders" and with that her sister was pulling her down the steps, and I ran over

"Will you let her go....you're scaring the sh*t out of her" I yelled as her mom screamed at me "She's coming with us."

(Y/N) kept screaming "No, I don't want to...I wanna stay here" as her sister pulled her further. Her mom said "He's not your husband....he's lying to you."

I looked at her like she was crazy and I yelled "DON'T YOU GO & LIE TO HER!" & (Y/N) screamed "Yes he is....He showed me the ring and the pictures and the videos of it" then her sister screamed "He's playing with your head."

She started sobbing "Let her go or I'm calling the police right now" I yelled loudly and her sister dropped her on the floor and rolled her eyes then they both walked out slamming the door behind them. I locked the door and rushed back over kneeling down next to her, and for the first fime she hugged me and sobbed, I picked her up and carried her upstairs.

I laid her in the bed and covered her up. She wouldn't stop she just kept crying and I sat beside her and she laid her head against my side. I rubbed her back and began singing 'places' to her again.

Just like before she calmed down then fell asleep. I kissed her forehead and got up and went downstairs to go and do the laundry and to call and check up on a few things. I just started the clothes and I called Alex "Yeah?" he answered "Yeah, we're home...and her sister and mom came for a visit and scared the sh*t out of her....where are you guys?" I said back.

Alex responded "Well....you know how they are and that look for anything they can blame someone else for and it happened to be you this time"

I agreed "And we're about there...Roberts gonna drop Zach off at Camerons house then he's gonna drop me off there, and he's gonna go get his car washed, then he said he's gonna go to the store for some new shoes" Alex said.

I giggled and nodded even though he couldn't see me do that. After about an hour and a half he finally got here "I know it took us a while we had to get out of traffic" he said coming into the house and I nodded as he went and sat his stuff down upstairs.