You're Mine: Part 2

(Austins POV)

"Are we close?" I asked.

"Yes we are, stop fidgeting" Robert said glancing over at me.

"I can't, I-I'm just worried we'll be too late" I said.

"We're not" Robert said pulling into the airport, quickly driving up and getting out then tossing the keys to the valet.

We ran into the airport and checked the board for the terminals and gate numbers. As soon as we found hers we ran towards the gate, it was all the way on the other side of the airport.

After running all the way over, we noticed the gate was closed.

"Has that flight left already?" Alex asked.

"Yes sir it has, it's on the runway right.....there" she pointed out the tall floor-to-ceiling windows.

We walked over and looked out of the window as we saw the plane slowly leave the ground making its way into the sky.

"Austin, I'm really really sorry" Alex said.

"She's gone" is all I managed to say.

"Austin it's not-" Robert said

"It's not what!?" I yelled in frustration.

"It's not the end for you guys. If it's meant to be, then this isn't it." Robert said.

I just nodded and watched as the plane faded off into the clouds. I was too late, she left and I could've been here to stop her. If Robert is right, then it'll work itself out, I just hope it doesn't take too long.

"Are you ready to go?" Robert asked.

"Y-Yeah, I guess so" I said wiping my eyes with my shirt sleeve before the tears could pour out.

**

(Roberts POV) ×A Week Later×

"Austin do you wanna go to the beach with me, Alex and Zach?" I asked.

"No" he answered dryly.

"Do you want us to bring you back anything?" Alex asked walking in the room.

"No"

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No"

"Do you miss her?" Alex asked.

"Yes" he said.

"It gets easier" Alex said.

"It's not gonna get easier, it hasn't for the last week, it's only gotten worse. Just go to the beach..." he said rolling his eyes and plopping back onto the couch, covering his face with the pillow.

We all sighed and walked out the door and down to the beach.

"What are we gonna do?" Alex asked.

"About what?" Zach asked.

"About him, he doesn't wanna eat half of the time, he doesn't wanna go anywhere, for crying out loud he barely wants to do anything." Alex said.

"Well she left for a reason" Zach said.

"Yeah, because they could barely spend time together. Then he was kind of close with that brunette for the last 3 concerts." Alex said.

"He wasn't with her, it's just everyone made it seem that way. She was only around him during the concerts, after that Austin went on to do what he had to" I said.

"True, but I mean if you don't have time for each other, then you can barely call it a relationship" Alex said.

"True also, but they need to work it out" Zach said.

"Yeah, like discuss better timing arrangements or something" Alex said.

"Alright, hold up" I said taking out my phone.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked.

"Watch" I said as she finally picked up

"Hello?" she said and I put her on speaker.

"Hey" I said as their faces lit up.

"Hi Robert" she said back.

"How's it going?" I asked.

"It's fine, how's it going with you?"

"It's good, I'm good, but Austin isn't-"

"Robert, I don't want to hear it okay? He'll be fine, his work will occupy him" she said.

"(Y/N) he hasn't been in the studio all week, he doesn't wanna do anything, he barely eats and he doesn't wanna talk. If he does talk, everything we ask or say to him he responds with no" I said.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because he loves you, and you left him" I said.

"I didn't leave him, I did what I had to because he needs to focus on his passion and not me. He even said it himself" she said mumbling the last part.

"What do you mean he said it himself?" I said.

"He was really tired two nights before I left and he said he needs to start focusing on his work more than trying to be with me all the time." she said

"(Y/N), I don't think he meant it. He probably didn't even realize what he said, just please think about it." I said

"*sigh* Fine, I'll think about it but I have to go so see ya later" she said.

"Bye (Y/N)" I said and she giggled then hung up.

"At least you got her to think about it" Zach said.

"True, but this is a mess and it needs to be fixed" I said.

"Yes it does, they need each other no matter if they can see each other all the time or not." Alex said.

"Exactly" Me and Zach said in unison.

"Let's head back, I'm turning into bacon" Zach said smirking.