Our Little Creation

You were at home with Carter your 4 year old son, Austin said he'd be back home in a few days. Each day Carter would ask how long it was before he was back, you would tell him and he would always smile and continue playing with his toys.

"Mommy, can I have a popsicle?" Carter asked as he ran up to you.

"Sure sweetie" you lifted him up into your arms and carried him into the kitchen and over to the fridge.

"Green or Red?" you asked holding the two popsicles.

"Red!" he said giggling as you handed it to him.

You sat him down and he ran off with the popsicle back into the living room.

"Carter don't run with the popsicle in your mouth" you said and he peeked back in giggling at you, then walking over to the couch.

You cleaned up the kitchen, putting everything back in it's place as Carter ran back in with the bare popsicle stick in his hand.

"I see you and your face enjoyed that popsicle" you said making him giggle.

"Come here" you said getting the wet paper towel and wiping his sticky cheeks and lips. You surprisingly noticed he had your nose but Austin's eyes and lips. A smile formed on your face from the thought of it.

You threw the paper towel away and told Carter to go play in the living room while you finished cleaning up. He nodded and ran back, you finished wiping off the counter as your phone began to ring, you walked over and answered it.

"Hello?" you said.

"Hey babe"

"Hi Austin" you said.

"How's it going?" he asked.

"It's fine, but your son misses you" you said glancing over checking on him in the living room.

"I know I miss the both of you" he said as you could tell he was smiling from his voice.

"When are you coming back?" you asked.

"Sooner than you expect" he said.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"This is what I mean" he said and you heard the phone echo as you turned around to see Austin leaning against the kitchen doors smiling at you. You slid the phone onto the counter, ran over and leaped onto him, he caught you and pressed his warm lips on yours holding you tightly.

"I can't believe you're here" you pulled away mumbling into his neck.

"Yeah, I was ahead of schedule so I had time to come back home" he said letting you down gently.

"Good, because I missed you so much" you said.

"I know I missed you too" he said.

"After all of-"

"Daddy!!" Carter screamed out running into the room and over to Austin.

"Hey buddy!" he said picking him up and hugging him.

"I missed you" he said wrapping his arms around Austin's neck hugging him tighter.

"I missed you too" Austin said kissing his cheek.

"A very cute moment" Alex said walking in.

"Alex!" you bursted out pulling him into a hug.

"Yeah yeah yeah, somebody missed me too I see" he said.

"Yeah somewhat" you joked as a smile formed on his face.

Austin turned around still holding Carter up on his side, looking over at you two.