Marriage: Part 4

"Austin go get the baby please" you said chopping up the food on the counter.

"I'm exhausted from work, I really don't feel like it, can you do it?" he said grabbing a soda from the fridge walking back over to the kitchen arch.

"I'm cooking, I can't tend to the baby while I'm doing this" you said gesturing to the food.

"Can't you pause that and go check on her?" he asked.

"No I can't, if I stop the food and go up there, I'm gonna be up there longer than it would take for me to cook the food" you said putting everything into the pot.

"(Y/N) just stop and go get her" he said as the baby's cries got louder.

"Austin you go get her, I'm doing something!" you yelled.

"And I'm not?" he yelled.

"You're standing here arguing with me while our child is upstairs crying" you said turning around to face him.

"You're arguing with me, because you wanna be lazy and make me deal with her all the time" he yelled squeezing the soda bottle.

"She's your daughter Austin! It shouldn't matter!" you screamed.

"And she's your daughter too!" he screamed back as the baby mimicked your tone of volume getting louder.

"You know what forget it" you said turning everything off and pushing things to the side then jogging up the stairs.

Once you got up there you enter into the baby's room and walked over to her lifting her into your arms "Aww it's okay Maddie" you sat patting her back, but she continued crying. You checked her diaper and went to get her things to change her, you came back over and laid her down taking her diaper off, cleaning her bum then putting some Vaseline so she won't get a rash or anything. You put the clean diaper on, but she still kept fussing, squirming then screaming and crying. You went back downstairs and got her bottle out of the fridge popping the cap off with one hand and putting it under some warm water to warm it up a bit. You gave it to her and she wrapped her right hand around it sucking the bottle intensely.

"Are you gonna finish dinner?" Austin asked coming into the room.

"No I'm not, I have to tend to our daughter" you said never leaving eye contact with the baby.

"So I get nothing to eat?" he asked.

"No, there's stuff in the fridge" you said turning around and rocking the baby in your arms.

"(Y/N) please finish dinner" he begged.

"No, I told you to go get the baby and that I would finish cooking, but you chose not to so I'm choosing not to cook" you said looking up to him.

"Let me have her then" he said holding out his arms.

"You didn't wanna hold her a minute ago, I don't wanna make you deal with her again" you said narrowing your eyes.

"Don't be like that" he said crossing his arms.

"Well I'm being like that" you said as Robert came into the room yawning.

"What are you guys going on about? Me and Zach could hear you from upstairs" he said concerned.

"He wanted me to go get the baby, but I was cooking. So I asked if he could do it and he said that I always make him deal with the baby because I'm lazy. Now he's mad because I'm not cooking dinner anymore" you spat.

"Really Austin?" Robert said rubbing his eye.

"What do you mean really?" Austin asked.

"Why couldn't you just go get the baby, you could be eating right now" Robert said looking over to you holding the now asleep baby.

"I didn't feel like it, I'm exhausted from work and I don't have the patience for that" he said drinking the last of his soda before tossing it into the trash can.

"Do you ever think that she might be exhausted or that she might not have had the patience to do what she's doing right now?" Robert said gesturing to you.

"No" Austin said.

"Exactly, so stop with all of this" he breathed "(Y/N) give Austin the baby and you do what you need to do" Robert said and you handed the baby to Austin, he took her looking over at Robert the whole time.

"Really Robert?" Austin said.

"Yes really, I understand you've been busy lately, shit we both have, but don't push everything on her" Robert said.

"Alright" he said to Robert "Baby girl I'm sorry" he said to you and you raised and eyebrow.

"Do you mean it?" you asked.

"Yes I mean it, I'm sorry for making you do everything with no help from me" he said rocking the baby back and forth.

"Apology accepted, I'll make dinner" you said as a boyish smile appeared on his face from the word 'dinner'.

"I'm going back upstairs and back to sleep" Robert said walking out of the kitchen.

You started on the food reheating everything, continuing to chop the vegetables, then adding them to the pot. Austin walked over and the baby woke up and started crying again. "It's okay Maddie, shh" he said patting her back, but she continued crying "Aww Maddie" he said rocking her back and forth.

"Burp her" you said with your back towards him.

"What?" he retorted.

"She's just eaten so burp her" you said glancing over at him and he nodded doing as you said.

He continuously patted her back until you heard her quiet burp, Austin giggled and looked over to you smiling as you returned one back to him.

"I'm gonna go put our daughter in bed, okay?" he said exiting the kitchen.

"Alright" you breathed finishing the food and putting it on the plates. Within a few minutes Austin jogged back down and grabbed his plate "Thanks baby" he said kissing your cheek.

"You're Welcome" you said texting Robert and Zach to come get their food.

_____________________

"I have to go to the studio again tomorrow, I'll be a little late getting back home" Austin said pulling the covers over himself.

"Alright, well get some work done" you said smiling.

"As always" he said smiling.

"I'm gonna go check on the baby, then I'm gonna come back to bed" you said pulling away from Austin to go to the baby's room.

After checking on her you came back and got into bed quickly falling asleep in Austin's arms.

×Authors Note×

What do you guys think? any suggestions?

●Don't forget to VOTE●