■Paralyzed Love

Author: softyhartz
Parts: 24
Reads: 15.5k
Status: Completed
Genre: Teenfiction

5kStatus: CompletedGenre: Teenfiction

BLURB

-Jesse is paralyzed from his waist down, but he makes sure he gets what he wants, for he has already lost too many things in his life. Yet when he finally gets to meet Ava, who has anxiety and depression, he is not sure anymore.

Ava has locked her heart away while trying to make sense of the world. Being mentally broken and haunted by unwanted thoughts, she struggles to trust people around her, while a chance encounter with a boy on a wheelchair changes her life and sets her on a path of self-discovery.

It's always hard to carve out a new path in lives. With Ava's endless pushing and Jesse's self-doubt about his disability, they do not plan to stop trying.

Until the paralyzed love awakens.

SHORT SUMMARY OF CHAPTER 1

-Ava is browsing Google. She doesn't like being here, in a classroom with people's chattering and Ms. Heith's brittle voice saying all the cliché instructions. Ava is not likely to work with people, she'd rather live in the library and bury herself with books.

She looks up to them. They are sitting on the steel-legged desks, feet hanging. There are three boys and two girls, each holding their phones. They occasionally show each other the funny videos they get on them and every time they end up throwing their head back with laughter.

She looks back down to her laptop, eyes glued on the blue-ray screen.

"Hey, um, is the seat taken?" A boy's voice pulls Ava away from working.

Ava's eyebrows raise. "Yes."

"Hum. I thought Ms. Heith said it's not."

Ava rolls her eyes, still not looking up. "Then why did you even ask me?"

"Lol, never mind, I'm taking the seat anyway." The boy smiles.

---------

Ava sees him in calculus the next day, sitting in the back row. She'd amused by how she is the one who is not observant and gives herself a tiny teasing laugh. Jesse raises his eyebrow as soon as he sees her and smiles in triump while Ava's face stay stoic. She proceed to the first row, pulling the chair away and sits down.

It is funny knowing that Jesse is sitting behind Ava. She turns her head to the left slightly and tries to find him again, but she fails to see him with the corner of her eyes. She decides to take a nap. Putting her head down on her table, she buries her face into her arms. Subconsciously, she hears the sounds of wheels on the floor and stopping near her.

Jesse leans in and taps the table with his finger. The continuing tapping sounds interfere with Ava's nap as she slowly opens her eyes. Her gaze meets a pair of hazel eyes. She jerks her head up, her chair screeching with the sudden movement. She gawks at the figure in the wheelchair. "Jeez," she mouths.

--------

The bell rings. Jesse packs his stuff and puts them into his bag.

"So... see you in French?" Ava asks while looking at Jesse.

"Yea, see you." Jesse grins and wheels himself out of the classroom. Ava peeks at the girls behind after he leaves. Yes, they're staring and murmuring.

Meara and Olivia, the blonde stereotypes, pretty face with icy hearts. Ava wonders if they are talking about her, they most probably are. Who would believe that Ava was once Meara's friend? The nery, introverted and weird Ava? Ava still doesn't understand. What do they want? It seems like those two ae still trying so hard not to let Ava have any friends, and every time Ava has met someone, they will keep her relationship with others from growing.

She won't let them have the chance. So the only thing she can do is try not to meet anyone.

☆-☆-☆-☆

Isn't it interesting to read? If you want some spice of life story then follow softyhartz now and read her story. You will not regret reading it. ^_^ ❤❤