■The Last Letter

Author: rashwrites_
Parts: 55
Reads: 341k
Status:Completed
Genre: Romance

BLURB- When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found out he loved her too, she couldn't be any happier to finally get her happily ever after until she realizes it's real life and not a fairy tale and this worl...

BLURB
- When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found out he loved her too, she couldn't be any happier to finally get her happily ever after until she realizes it's real life and not a fairy tale and this world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

***
From the age of ten, Rachel has been in love with her best friend, Lucas. Although she never told him how she felt, she is perfectly satisfied to be in an unrequited love with her best friend and by writing secret love letters for him. However, when she discovers that Lucas has been in love with her too, she thinks that there's finally a scope for a happy ending until she realizes that this isn't a fairy tale love story and she's no Aurora to Phillip.

Shimmering with suspense and emotional intensity, this story takes the readers on a hunt about if Lucas will ever find Rachel's letters to him. And if yes, then what's keeping Rachel away from meeting her happily ever after.

Be prepared, it's a tear-jerking story about both heartwrenching fragility and tremendous strength in love which deals with dying and surviving the death of a loved one.

SHORT SUMMARY OF CHAPTER 1
- I was sitting on the couch, watching Spongebob Squarepants when I heard a screeching sound of a car outside the house. I ran towards the window and pulled back the curtain, expecting my dad outside, but it wasn't the sight I expected it to be.

"Mom look! New people are moving in next door," I yelled in excitement.

"Finally!" Mom muttered as she came by my side to watch.

"Will there be any kids to play with me?"

"I expect so, baby." Mom smiled at me.

________

The living room was dimly lit with cream walls, not like the stuff we pour in coffee but a tint of beach sand. Linen curtains hid the long windows across the walls, just leaving a shy peak of the sunset outside. The furniture was well placed and they were so much with so many hues, the ones I've never seen before. The velvety texture of the couch perfectly matched the dark walnut floor. The room was decorated so well in such a short span that I was stunned. Mom brought my thoughts to words, "Your house is beautiful."

"Thank you. I tried my best" Aunt Anna replied with a satisfied smile.

________

I folded the letter and decided to drop it the other day.

Oh no no no! I should most definitely not do that.

And being the chicken I was, I finally decided that I wouldn't give him the letter. Placing the letter in my essay book, I went back to bed, the idea of completing my homework now long gone.

☆-☆-☆-☆
Curious about what kind of letter did our female lead received? Find out in the story of rashwrites_ and read it. Enjoy! ♡♡♡