■Letter To My Favourite Ex

Author: francescadcn
Parts: 2
Reads: 495
Status: Completed
Genre: Short Story

Author: francescadcnParts: 2Reads: 495Status: CompletedGenre: Short Story

BLURB
- You were the first person I ever kissed. You were the first person held hands with. You were the first person I gave myself into. You were my first love. And now, you and Angel were the first ones I truly lost.

SHORT SUMMARY OF CHAPTER 1
- Dear Ex,

I prayed for you.

I prayed for us.

For us to end up together.

For us to make it to the finish line but God has other plans.

When we started dating September of 2013, I was the happiest girl then. We'd go road tripping with music blasting from the speakers of your car into our ears. It was playing Lany's album, which is my favourite, and we'd sing our lungs out not caring about the world outside our own little bubble of peace.

Yes, that was our peace.

_______

I'd give you all.

I love the smell of your hair; it always smells like peppermint fresh. I love the smell of your perfume; you always have that woody aromatic trail of smell when you walk past by people. I love the smell of your cooking; it always me hungry. I love the smell of your underarm; it always smells fresh even after a long day. I love the feeling of being in your arms, of how it always felt like home. I love the smell of your shirt after a workout. It smells like sweat, yes, but that was your sweat. So, I love it anyway.

Remember when we used to plan about our future? We'd just lay under the covers of my bed and daydream about what the world would offer us in the future. From the color of the car that we will buy to the kitchen decorations that we would put.

_______

4 years after, I found another guy. He knows about you and our angel. I've talked to him about you. We even visited you on your graveyard. He insisted on bringing you the best flowers that were available at the shop we went to. I said that was not necessary but he insisted. He said you were my family first and he respects that. That you were there for me before he came. So, he respected you. I'm carrying our little boy right now, love. I'm 7 months pregnant and, I promise you, I will take extra good care for everything I do now.

Thank you for teaching me things I should have known. I still don't understand why He took you too early but you will always be in my heart. Say hi to our angel for me?

You're still one of my favourites, Angel too, and we will always be a family.

Always.

☆-☆-☆-☆
Interested to find more about the letters? Follow francescadcn now and read the book. 🌼